Microneedling accident

Hello guys, I’m 8 months into my HT and the results were looking okay. Thought I’d start micro needling to improve my ground as it wasn’t the full thickness i wished for. I micro needled two weeks ago with 1.5mm and it felt fine. Then last week i accidentally did it with 2.5mm without realizing I’m not sure who played with my device. This week my hairline looks noticeably thinner and i seen a significant shed. Have i caused permanent damage? Do people usually see sheds after MN? Any tips and help would be greatly advised not sure if i should bite the bullet and continue microneedling or stop til recovery. Thanks community.

• Administrators

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

If there are at least minimal signs of growth after a hair transplant in the area that was microneedled, can we be confident that microneedling didn't have any negative effects? Or, might the HT results be better had one not microneedled at all?

4 hours ago, GibGob said:

If there are at least minimal signs of growth after a hair transplant in the area that was microneedled, can we be confident that microneedling didn't have any negative effects? Or, might the HT results be better had one not microneedled at all?

How could anyone possibly know that?

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000 grafts, Summer 2023