The Essential Questions to Ask at Appointments

Hi everyone,

I’d like to ask if there happens to be any thread in this massive forum that has a good overview of the most essential questions to ask at appointment.  In such a large and informed community, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is such a thing, except I have not found such a post, at least with my chosen search keywords.  

I had a massive list of questions in my notes that I would bring to consultations several years ago.  I’ve recently returned to look, with seriousness again, at doctors for a transplant (or any other modality they may recommend).  So along with my all-too-long-list of questions that I used to bring to appointments, I’d like to see what others—many of whom here surely know much more than me—consider the essential questions. It is additionally relevant as I have paid no attention to developments in hair loss in the many years since I’ve last went to doctors for consultations.  

I am most interested in guidance on the essential questions for FUT, FUE, and PRP (if it has since become a more efficacious option for some people).

Thank you for any help.

Edited by Vesperian

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Thank you for the link.  I have most of those questions covered.  I’m looking for the really specific and technical questions as well.  If there is an guide somewhere for that, would be greatly appreciated.