India banned visas, need advice about Eugenix

I had an upcoming hair transplant at Eugenix, with deposit and flight tickets already booked.

As some of you may or may not know, India has recently banned all visas to Canadian citizens. So I've got everything booked but no visa. I have been in contact with Eugenix but they haven't given me a straight answer about this situation. 

Wanted to know if any has any advice about this situation? Is anyone else from Canada and in a similar boat?

What's worst, in addition to the money I have spent on flights, is that I have used up all my vacation time for this planned trip, so if this all falls apart, I won't be able to rebook another HT for another year! 

5 hours ago, sekiro109 said:

I had an upcoming hair transplant at Eugenix, with deposit and flight tickets already booked.

As some of you may or may not know, India has recently banned all visas to Canadian citizens. So I've got everything booked but no visa. I have been in contact with Eugenix but they haven't given me a straight answer about this situation. 

Wanted to know if any has any advice about this situation? Is anyone else from Canada and in a similar boat?

What's worst, in addition to the money I have spent on flights, is that I have used up all my vacation time for this planned trip, so if this all falls apart, I won't be able to rebook another HT for another year! 

This is actually between Indian and Canadian govt so I don't know how Eugenix can help you to get your visa. What I mean by that from their side they also don't have enough clarity, this is the reason you're not getting straight forward answer. I hope everything gets sorted asap.

When is your procedure ? 

Edited by Shadman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shadman said:

This is actually between Indian and Canadian govt so I don't know how Eugenix can help you to get your visa. I hope everything gets sorted asap.

When is your procedure ? 

Deleted

Edited by shiba1985

9 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

Do you think he is asking if eugenix can help him get a visa? Is that what you understood from his post? SMH.

Why are you trying so hard to get involved yourself into someone else reply ? You've time to ask me few questions, ready to mock my response but unable to respond to the query of the original post. What a pathetic approach from you. 

Edited by Shadman

I think the situation will pass soon. Both are too big a country to continue this ban. 

Edited by Bhumik Shah MD
spelling error

Medical Director/ Hair Transplant Surgeon at BKS Hair Restoration.

NOTE: All posts are for educational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice. Please direct all inquiries regarding specific health concerns to your physician. 

Hi Sekior109,

I'm from Canada (arrived on the 23rd) and am in India right now, actually about to head back tomorrow.  I had applied and was granted my Visa shortly before they stopped processing them.  I don't know this for a fact but it is my understanding and I'm sorry to say this but I don't think you will be able to get it. My only suggestion, is that you give it a try but appy for the Medical Visa.  There's a risk you may lose the application fee.  Let me know if you have any questions.

On 10/1/2023 at 6:52 AM, AGL77 said:

Hi Sekior109,

I'm from Canada (arrived on the 23rd) and am in India right now, actually about to head back tomorrow.  I had applied and was granted my Visa shortly before they stopped processing them.  I don't know this for a fact but it is my understanding and I'm sorry to say this but I don't think you will be able to get it. My only suggestion, is that you give it a try but appy for the Medical Visa.  There's a risk you may lose the application fee.  Let me know if you have any questions.

ya looks like the situation won't be resolving anytime soon. They have in fact removed Canada from the list of countries completely in their website so I can't even try the medical visa. Looks like I'm out of luck and burned through several thousand dollars...

• Like 1

Guys, I think 

All types of visas including e-visa including (medical visa) are banned for only Canadian citizen for time being. The PR can still apply, I guess. 

Those in Canada who possess valid visas to India, or those who have overseas citizenship of India are free to travel to India. 

So far this is the case. Things can be different next month. 

Best of luck. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...