Does only Turkish clinics request this?

From my experience talking to a few turkish clinics and some other clinics in other countries i have noticed that only Turkish clinics wants you to bring money in cash instead of wiring it via a bank transfer so they wont need to pay tax on it.  

Im curious to know abput other peoples experiences and thoughts. Those of you who went to Turkey, did you pay in cash? Did you refuse? Were you able to wire it instead? Cant be so  comfortable carrying around a large amount of cash.

Cash only so it's 'black' and they can report whatever they want to the authorities who also take a cut in order to turn a blind eye. 

Don't think about it, withdraw the cash, stick it in a nice envelope and be cool. If it makes you feel better, keep the envelope in your travel book. Nobody will mug you at the airport and once you land in Turkey, security is draconian. Your driver will pick you up and take you to the hotel. Then pick you up from the hotel and take you to the clinic. 

You always get nervous carrying a heavy load of cash but nothing bad happens, chill and go with the flow. 

• Administrators

I think most clinics prefer cash, for the reasons stated above. Do what you feel comfortable with, if you don’t wanna pay with cash, don’t. But sometimes you can get a discount paying cash.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.