How well does SMP work on skinfade-style FUE?

Hi, 
I'd like to keep my donor short on the sides but you can notice FUE scaring. 

I was wondering how well SMP may look on the scars with hair this short?
I worry the dots would look too heavy/dark with a skin fade.

image.png.647b1da3bfa48f20188f52cfe60dc4c4.pngimage.png.93866dfb8ecd1bbd610a48b7a3d16a01.png

Edited by SeanToman

A talented experienced SMP artist can adjust the colors, the depth of the shade, and even the sizes and shapes of each mark especially when the scars are different in shape and size…scars can heal differently in visual appearance…Lastly, there are variations in how well scar tissue absorbs ink, the more tough or compact the scar matter is, the less absorbent the ink can be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

By the look of your fade there It looks like a number 1 would hide the white dots you’re referring to which is still real short. As for the smp there’s a possibility you still see the perimeter of the extraction pattern paired with the pigment 

20 hours ago, Hair4Days said:

By the look of your fade there It looks like a number 1 would hide the white dots you’re referring to which is still real short. As for the smp there’s a possibility you still see the perimeter of the extraction pattern paired with the pigment 

Unfortunately under light you can see the extraction pattern (the rectangle shape) even as high as number 2

Whenever possible, try to avoid situations where there is bright light bearing down on you.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 9/28/2023 at 5:11 AM, Gatsby said:

@SeanToman one thing about scars is that they are permanent. However over time they are forgiving. A good SMP artist who can show you lots of examples of good repair work can help. 

Hi, are there any examples of donor scar fade/shrinkage over the years?