Need honest opinions and advice

joe234

I need some advice as to whether I should get another transplant (just thinking about waiting another year is stressful though) or suggestions for hair styles. I got 2,500 fue implants 10 months ago. The transplant itself went fine but I simply don't think it looks good enough to go hatless in public. It's very thin and high up my forehead. Worst of all the deep recession on the sides is obvious regardless of my hair style. When I buzz it all short or comb it up/back the high straight hairline looks uncanny, almost but not at all natural. When its medium or long length it just ends up highlighting the deeply receded sides when the hair moves. Ive got a few uncomfortable stares from random restaurant diners when trying out my new hair on dates and would rather not keep going through that. What do you think? The surgeon said a transplant on the side recession would look too unnatural. Should I get my hairline lowered, or the existing spots filled in more, or just cut bait and where a hat forever, or is it fine? Any feedback is welcome. I can post more pics if that helps.

20230924_174735.jpg

20230923_151340.jpg

20230923_150625.jpg

20230923_154336.jpg

20230923_151241.jpg

Edited by joe234
Wrong photo

Some more pics may be necessary, but really, looking at the ones you've provided, it doesn't look bad at all.  Yes, your hairline is a little high with some temple recession, but I'm guessing a lot of people on this forum would be happy to have what you've got.

Honestly your hair doesn't look half bad. I'm not sure how old you are but its natural for your hairline to recede as you age. My advice is to leave as is for 1 year then reevaluate how you feel. We really are our own worst enemies. You are being too critical as someone said above people on here would be happy to be in your position.

I think the result looks fine. What NW level we’re you pre transplant? I’m sorry it’s clearly having an impact on you, it’s good you are talking and asking for advice.

Going too aggressive on the hairline whilst being a higher Norwood is never a good idea. A more mature (if you like slightly recessed looking) hairline looks natural and helps save grafts for further down the line if you need more doing. Maybe this was your Dr’s intention? Also remember any transplant will never renew your previous natural density too.

• Valued Contributor

Going by your pics and how your self perception is incredibly harsh, firstly I think your hair looks fine. 👌 Are you taking meds? This might allay your anxieties. I think a second surgery would only end with more critical thinking with its own host of issues. You look great mate and have hair that people on this forum would kill for. 

I'm very critic with results in general, but to be completely honest, your result looks natural, and that's the most important thing. Yes, there can be some flaws somewhere that I can't see on the pictures, but iyou have got a really good hair right now and must be happy about that.