Microneedling legit?

My doctor recommends I get a micro needle to use in conjunction with my twice-a-day 5% minoxidol, citing it will increase the minoxidil's effectiveness. Can anyone vouch for this?  Please also discuss any needle product you can recommend.

1 hour ago, Ketchupp said:

My doctor recommends I get a micro needle to use in conjunction with my twice-a-day 5% minoxidol, citing it will increase the minoxidil's effectiveness. Can anyone vouch for this?  Please also discuss any needle product you can recommend.

Tbh I've never considered micro needling as an option for multiple reasons. In my case, using tropical minoxidil itself was effective. Moreover, after my ht I’m on oral minoxidil now.

You can watch this video for details-

You can watch this video for details-

That's not a bad testimonial but I'd like to see what people who have had success with it will say.  I've seen the roller he mentioned and maybe it's the tool he used?

I'll follow up with my doctor about this and get back to you.

I believe it is in fact a good treatment, if used correctly and with the right tool (something not a lot of people do). 

Vigorous rolling with a roller I would advice against. Controlled usage with a dermastamp should be benefitial for absorption of topicals and creating collagen in the scalp.