Hello guys,
My profile:
29 male
Curly hair
Started losing hair about 8 years ago
Started 5% topical minox daily in feb 2023
Started .5 mg oral fines daily in june 2023
Did a PRP session in june, july, and august 2023

I have noticed siginificant decreased hair shedding after taking meds 3 months after minox yet no new hair growth.
I asked for a consultation from Dr. Pekiner, however, he rejected my case because of my diffused  thinning in the frontal area and advised me to hop on fines and wait for 6 months since he is worried i might lose hair behind the transplanted area. 
My mistake is that I initially forgot to share that I am on fines nor I did PRP. I only mentioned minox. So after I told him, he advised to check back with in december since 6 months would have passed after taking fines.
I also had a consultation with Dr. Freitas who quoted me around 2800 grafts to fill temples & hairline.
My question is: do you guys think Dr Pekiner was the right one? I really wanted to do it with him but its took 3 months for him to get back to me & it might take more time when I reach out to him in december and be on 1-2 year waiting list?

I have added picture of dry and wet hair for better visiblity, they were taken in july but there is not any difference.
Appreciate your feedback

IMG_1802.jpeg

IMG_1731.jpeg

IMG_1801.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg

IMG_1805.jpeg

IMG_1813.jpeg

IMG_1814.jpeg

IMG_1817.jpeg

IMG_1815.jpeg

• Administrators

Have you used a keratin treatment to straighten hair?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 minutes ago, Pharoah said:

My question is: do you guys think Dr Pekiner was the right one? I really wanted to do it with him but its took 3 months for him to get back to me & it might take more time when I reach out to him in december and be on 1-2 year waiting list?

If you trust him to do your surgery, why won’t you trust his advice? 

If he doesn’t think you’re a good candidate yet then you’re not. 

7 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

If you trust him to do your surgery, why won’t you trust his advice? 

If he doesn’t think you’re a good candidate yet then you’re not. 

I trust his advice, it's just the reasoning that I might have future loss where I see my hair loss has stabalized for the past months.

7 hours ago, Pharoah said:

Hello guys,
My profile:
29 male
Curly hair
Started losing hair about 8 years ago
Started 5% topical minox daily in feb 2023
Started .5 mg oral fines daily in june 2023
Did a PRP session in june, july, and august 2023

I have noticed siginificant decreased hair shedding after taking meds 3 months after minox yet no new hair growth.
I asked for a consultation from Dr. Pekiner, however, he rejected my case because of my diffused  thinning in the frontal area and advised me to hop on fines and wait for 6 months since he is worried i might lose hair behind the transplanted area. 
My mistake is that I initially forgot to share that I am on fines nor I did PRP. I only mentioned minox. So after I told him, he advised to check back with in december since 6 months would have passed after taking fines.
I also had a consultation with Dr. Freitas who quoted me around 2800 grafts to fill temples & hairline.

I have added picture of dry and wet hair for better visiblity, they were taken in july but there is not any difference.
Appreciate your feedback

IMG_1802.jpeg

IMG_1731.jpeg

IMG_1801.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg

IMG_1805.jpeg

IMG_1813.jpeg

IMG_1814.jpeg

IMG_1817.jpeg

IMG_1815.jpeg

In my opinion, with proper planning and implantation shock loss can be minimized. Have you started to look for alternative options as you might be in his waiting list for a year ? 

35 minutes ago, Shadman said:

In my opinion, with proper planning and implantation shock loss can be minimized. Have you started to look for alternative options as you might be in his waiting list for a year ? 

Yeah. I am doing everything that can be done & I saw great results in hair shedding but no new hairs.

I am scheduled with Dr Freitas on Nov 2024 '2200-2800 grafts'. Love his work but he doesn't offer the non shave option.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Pharoah said:

Good eyes, yes I did. Does that have negative effects on the consultation?

I believe that contributed to your hair loss. How long ago did you have it done?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.