Dr. Bruno Ferreira, Dr. Bruno Pinto or Dr. Luis Nader

Newbie, first post, so please be kind and let me know if you see any issues with my post or comments.

Firstly, thank you all for such valuable information in the forums, gave me a great info to get started and shortlist.

I am considering between Dr. Bruno Ferreira, Dr. Bruno Pinto and Dr. Nader.

Hairloss - Diffuse thinning front and mid scalp, good donor and have been told by another good surgeon that I would need between 3000 - 3300 grafts. But he has too long a waiting list and is more expensive than I thought.

I see from the posts here and other forums that all three of them do really good work and genuinely care for the patient and the output. Cost wise Ferreira and Pinto are similar and Nader will be a bit cheaper if my estimates are right. But cost is not a concern. Waiting time for all three is a year after consultation.

Waiting for consultation with Ferreira and Pinto - will probably happen before the end of the year. Emailed Nader 3 times, no response so far.

Let me know what you guys think.

• Administrators

They are both excellent surgeons. I have spoken with all three, and you can't go wrong. The most significant difference will be the location (convenience) and waitlist. Last I heard, Dr. Pinto had a waitlist of 2+ years. I'm not sure about Dr. Ferreira. I think Dr. Nader's waitlist is one year. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

54 minutes ago, coffeeandpie said:

Newbie, first post, so please be kind and let me know if you see any issues with my post or comments.

Firstly, thank you all for such valuable information in the forums, gave me a great info to get started and shortlist.

I am considering between Dr. Bruno Ferreira, Dr. Bruno Pinto and Dr. Nader.

Hairloss - Diffuse thinning front and mid scalp, good donor and have been told by another good surgeon that I would need between 3000 - 3300 grafts. But he has too long a waiting list and is more expensive than I thought.

I see from the posts here and other forums that all three of them do really good work and genuinely care for the patient and the output. Cost wise Ferreira and Pinto are similar and Nader will be a bit cheaper if my estimates are right. But cost is not a concern. Waiting time for all three is a year after consultation.

Waiting for consultation with Ferreira and Pinto - will probably happen before the end of the year. Emailed Nader 3 times, no response so far.

Let me know what you guys think.

3 good choices, it’s nice to see you’ve taken time to do your research 👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 1

Which one of Ferreira's case are you referring to? Please DM me if you don't feel like referring to it directly.

The only concern I have with Pinto is I saw a case where he seemed to have him implant in rows when dealing with larger areas, whereas Ferreira's cases seemed to have a more random pattern. Again, it's only one case I saw this happen.

Thank you @Calihome1, I see what you mean, the left doesn't look very good. I don't need any temple work and his rest of the work looks very good. I am still waiting for a consultation though. Seems like it is going to be a long wait.

Making some progress with Pinto regarding consultation.

No word from Nader yet, but I am based in Europe and am not sure how it would work.

@Melvin- Admin do you know if anyone from Europe has had a surgery done by Dr. Nader before and is it a practical option?

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, coffeeandpie said:

Thank you @Calihome1, I see what you mean, the left doesn't look very good. I don't need any temple work and his rest of the work looks very good. I am still waiting for a consultation though. Seems like it is going to be a long wait.

Making some progress with Pinto regarding consultation.

No word from Nader yet, but I am based in Europe and am not sure how it would work.

@Melvin- Admin do you know if anyone from Europe has had a surgery done by Dr. Nader before and is it a practical option?

I’m sure he has had patients from Europe. I can’t remember of any off the top of my head. Make sure you use our link to consult him. That way I can always reach out if he hasn’t responded. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Hi @coffeeandpie

Have you made up your mind yet?

I see that you’re actually evaluating the same doctors as me, Pinto, Nader, Ferreira. In addition I have two more on my list, Pekiner and Laorwong.

It’s a hard choice.  I’m also a diffuse thinner, and I suppose the clue is to pick a doctor that suits the case.