Hair Restoration Network Recommended Doctors

HI all,

Can someone please explain to me what the criteria is for a Dr to be considered on the recommended list. As an example,

Dr Pekiner is not on the recommended list but Dr. Resul Yaman is on the list. Id love some feedback. Thanks

J

• Administrators

Our list has been curated over 20+ years of reviews/results. A few years ago Dr. Pekiner’s rep Alex began an astroturfing campaign on this forum. We decided withdraw our consideration of Dr. Pekiner for this reason.

We would consider him again if he wasn’t with the rep who did this, but we can’t in good faith recommend a doctor with someone who astroturfs. It wouldn’t make our community fair and balanced.

Check out our pinned post explaining our process for recommending surgeons.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Doctor Pekiner is one of the best surgeons in the world in my opinion, his consultant is Italian and he is also the moderator of a well-known Italian forum (he has his own income) and has every interest in promoting his surgeon's works on that forum instead of on this forum. Pekiner operates on one patient a day, he is not interested in quantity but quality, and I believe that even with only Italian patients, his agenda is quite long. This is one of the reasons why Pekiner is not on the list of surgeons recommended here, the Italians are enough for him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ITA said:

Doctor Pekiner is one of the best surgeons in the world in my opinion, his consultant is Italian and he is also the moderator of a well-known Italian forum (he has his own income) and has every interest in promoting his surgeon's works on that forum instead of on this forum. Pekiner operates on one patient a day, he is not interested in quantity but quality, and I believe that even with only Italian patients, his agenda is quite long. This is one of the reasons why Pekiner is not on the list of surgeons recommended here, the Italians are enough for him. 

Do you think Alex didn’t know the rules of this forum and did what he thought be okay? There are few others hairloss forums (not Italian) and it’s like everything goes there, even ASMED is recommended on there lol. So maybe he didn’t know the rules of this forums are very strict? 

Reason I say this is because I liked Alex despite what people say about him, he tries to be helpful and seems like a good person, so to me it feels like maybe this was all just a misunderstanding? 

What type of astroturfing was it by the way? Did they post fake results? Or was it incentivising patients to post their results? I hope it’s not the first because that’s inexcusable and doesn’t make sense why a doctor like Pekiner would need to do it. If it’s the latter then maybe it was a misunderstanding.

I find it so weird that Dr Pekiner’s clinic of all was involved in this. They’re like wham bham thank you mam 😂 I remember my brother once asked are you sure the clinic has booked you? What if you show up there and they are like WHO ARE YOU? lol. Vey strange

25 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

Pensi che Alex non conoscesse le regole di questo forum e abbia fatto quello che pensava andasse bene? Ci sono pochi altri forum sulla caduta dei capelli (non italiani) ed è come se tutto andasse lì, anche ASMED è raccomandato lì lol. Quindi forse non sapeva che le regole di questo forum sono molto rigide? 

Il motivo per cui lo dico è perché mi piaceva Alex nonostante quello che la gente dice di lui, cerca di essere d'aiuto e sembra una brava persona, quindi a me sembra che forse sia stato tutto solo un malinteso? 

A proposito, che tipo di astroturfing era? Hanno pubblicato risultati falsi? Oppure stava incentivando i pazienti a pubblicare i loro risultati? Spero che non sia il primo perché è imperdonabile e non ha senso il motivo per cui un medico come Pekiner dovrebbe farlo. Se è quest'ultimo, forse si è trattato di un malinteso.

Trovo davvero strano che proprio la clinica del dottor Pekiner sia coinvolta in tutto questo. Sono come wham bham, grazie mamma 😂 Ricordo che mio fratello una volta mi chiese: sei sicura che la clinica ti abbia prenotato? E se ti presenti lì e loro ti dicono CHI SEI? lol. Molto strano

Pekiner's consultant thought he could do here, everything he does on his forum, even manage to have the threads of patients unhappy with the procedure eliminated (which, if I'm honest, I've seen a couple of, no more), but HRN is not like its forum, nor like most forums, here, you see both threads of surgeries gone wrong, and those of patients happy with the recommended clinics/surgeons.