Having my transplant soon, have some questions

TheDarkHour

So I'm having my transplant soon and have compiled a list of questions.

1. How safe is it to carry a large amount of cash while travelling? Will I be forced to show the money during airport security checks? I feel like that would make me an easy target. My transplant isn't until the following day so I really don't want to risk carrying cash for a day. I do have an option to transfer money to the clinic but the conversion rate is a little higher and I'm not sure if there is a limit to the amount I can transfer.
  2.  Can I carry over the counter sleeping pills or will airport security confiscate it?
  3. Related to the previous point but is it safe to take sleeping pills before and after the transplant? Or could it negatively affect the transplant? The pill is called Nytol and the active ingredient is DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE .
  4. What's a good neck pillow to use after the transplant? 
  5. My surgery is going to take place over five days and I was told by the clinic I can wear loose fitted hat, such as a bucket hat every day after surgery. Is this safe or could it dislodge the grafts? I thought you can't wear any hats until at least 3 days after surgery?
  6. How bad is it to go by yourself for your hair transplant? I've only booked the flight and hotel tickets for myself. 
  7. Should I avoid going to the gym before my transplant?
  8. I often catch colds, can this effect regrowth?
  9. What are some essentials I should take with me?

Might update this thread with more questions in the future. 

Edited by TheDarkHour

1. Depends on your country rules and regulations 

2. Depends on your country rules and regulations but probably no. They do ask though 

3. Doesn’t matter 

4. Big and smooth and comfy 

5. It’s not safe. I wouldn’t feel comfortable wearing a hat so soon but trust your clinics instructions.

6. Very annoying and unnecessarily make things difficult for you. Go with your family or friend or wife etc. Life’s easier when you’ve someone caring for you 

7. Eh. Go crazy

8. Yes. Very much so. Idk if it kills the grafts but the regrowth is affected very much depending on the type of colds you get. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Turkhair said:

1. Depends on your country rules and regulations 

2. Depends on your country rules and regulations but probably no. They do ask though 

3. Doesn’t matter 

4. Big and smooth and comfy 

5. It’s not safe. I wouldn’t feel comfortable wearing a hat so soon but trust your clinics instructions.

6. Very annoying and unnecessarily make things difficult for you. Go with your family or friend or wife etc. Life’s easier when you’ve someone caring for you 

7. Eh. Go crazy

8. Yes. Very much so. Idk if it kills the grafts but the regrowth is affected very much depending on the type of colds you get. 

I'm from the UK and going to Turkey.

You do not need to declare cash up to 10k eur, when going abroad. Just make sure the cash is not easily accessible (like just a zip pocket of your backpack etc.). Put it at the bottom of the bag you have with you.

No one would probably bother about your pills unless you carry them in huge amounts in a dodgy looking zipbag.

Gym day before? Why not. Just dont do it the same day. BP is the problem here.

You are grown man, you can do it on your own.

Extra tip: book window seats on the way back. Aisle would put you in anxiety every time someone is passing by

8 hours ago, FUEnator said:

You do not need to declare cash up to 10k eur, when going abroad. Just make sure the cash is not easily accessible (like just a zip pocket of your backpack etc.). Put it at the bottom of the bag you have with you.

No one would probably bother about your pills unless you carry them in huge amounts in a dodgy looking zipbag.

Gym day before? Why not. Just dont do it the same day. BP is the problem here.

You are grown man, you can do it on your own.

Extra tip: book window seats on the way back. Aisle would put you in anxiety every time someone is passing by

Thanks. That extra tip is also very helpful, didn't consider it until now.

Also, would a neck pillow like this be good?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pillow-Memory-Pillows-Airplanes-Offices-Sleeping/dp/B07PDK2ZR8/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=Z95BZGYOQ7G4&keywords=neck%2Bpillow&qid=1695326844&sprefix=neck%2Bpillow%2Caps%2C82&sr=8-3-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

Or is it risky given the texture?

Would I be better off with something like this where the cover can be changed?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Basics-Removable-Carrying-Semicircular/dp/B076ZQKP41/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1A0UFKMR4Z85H&keywords=silk%2Bneck%2Bpillow&qid=1695326969&sprefix=silk%2Bneck%2Bpillow%2Caps%2C63&sr=8-9&th=1

Edited by TheDarkHour