Norwood 5 - Travelling to Turkey - Im freaking out... have booking pencilled in with Asmed

Jzee

Hello gents!

Im having a minor panic attack. Im travelling from North America  to Istanbul end of October for a HT surgery. I only found this forum 2 days ago. Jesus where were you guys!

I researched a number of clinics in Turkey and settled on Koray Erdogan. Ive taken the time off work. Ive booked the flights.... then I found you gents. I reached out to Bicer to see if that may be an option but the clinic is booked solid. Ive also reached out to FueCap - Turan to see if what their calendar looks like for my dates (but Im not sure he the best candidate for my rather massive surgery).  Part of the attraction of Erdogan was that they would go to 5000 grafts (if possible) within the same trip to turkey.  Two surgeries. Back to back. 

Please tell me if its just the panic of making such a permanent decision that's lead to me to completely second guess my choice. Id love a bit of feedback. Ive been alone on this journey for fall too long. 

IMG_6965.jpg

IMG_6966.jpg

@Jzee Take a breath bud - I felt the same way when I was getting ready to get my procedure done about a month back. One of the nurses from my surgery said that everyone feels that way. Make sure that you have done your research and you're comfortable with your doctor.

I went through a couple of things - nervousness to get the procedure in a different country -> nervousness for the actual procedure -> nervousness about the recovery process -> nervousness about concealing the procedure

I'm in the ugly duckling phase right now (nearly 5 weeks out from my initial surgery), and I can tell you that I'm happy I pulled the trigger despite what my hair looks like right now. I rock a loose hat and nobody other than close friends know that I even had something done.

I'd recommend starting a thread when you get your procedure done and then post regular updates - it's really nice to get objective feedback from forum members here. It lets you know that you're not in this alone.  

You got this.

Edited by ng528

I would not go through with your procedure.

ASMED as of recent (past few years or so) has completely plummeted in quality and yield, its one of those names that I feel are riding off the reputation they once had as a better option in Turkey, but now they are just as bad if not worse than the rest of the mills.

I understand that the chances are you would be losing a large deposit, but money you can always make back, grafts/donor supply are finite.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

Stay away from ASMED, they are now a technisians driven clinic with many poor results equal to a hairmill. Do your research in the recommended list from this forum and you will find much better options for your surgery.

On 9/11/2023 at 6:24 PM, Jzee said:

@KSA91 Yes budget is above 5k. Feel like you would know that if you knew much about Asmed...?

Id love to hear who you think could be a good fit. Thank you so much

They advertise packages with 3800 euros for 3500 grafts in one day on other websites...

You still have time to schedule some better options. I cancelled my appointment with Vera clinic after finding this page. Im currently looking at Dr. Resul  Yaman, Dr. Erkan Demirsoy, Kayihan Sahinoglu and FueCap. I know most of them have availability in October, it would be a great option for you if you wanted to change your clinic. Still waiting to hear back from FueCap for their cost and availability. Dr. Yaman is on the low end of the spectrum ($3500) and Demirsoy, and Kayihan(both only see 1 patient/day) charge 1.5 euro/per graft.

Edited by dallahair

Do not go to ASMED, it’s a hair mill and there’s a strong chance you will end up regretting the procedure. You need to spend some time researching doctors on this forum before committing to surgery. You can’t undo a bad procedure and it might leave you deformed which is much worse than being bald.

Edited by Tiger2050

Thank you both for your honest opinions. Ive reached out to quite a number of surgeons in past week. I was hoping to get a lucky bounce and find a hole in Dr. Bicer's schedule but had no luck. Ive been in contact with Dr. Yaman as well. Doing my best to navigate the sudden change. What was it about Dr. Demirsoy @dallahair.

@A_4_Archan - @GeneralNorwood -  Im a Norwood 5. Ill probably be about 5000 grafts. Would you be more inclined to work with Dr. Demirsoy or Dr. Yaman. Thanks for your thoughts

@Jzee input "demirsoy" and "yaman" into the search bar at the top right of the page, then you will be able to see topics of documented results from both. I personally would go with Demirsoy as I've seen many consistent results from him, but have heard good things about Yaman

• Valued Contributor

Cancel the surgery. You will be stuck with the results for life. Every morning you will look in the mirror and regret going ahead with this surgery. There is a reason why surgeons like Dr Bicer and Dr Yaman are booked out months ahead. You need to slow down and spend time doing more research on the results posted here by patients. Geography, low budget and impatience always ends in regret. We see it here on a weekly basis. You only get one shot at doing this right. If you lose your holiday time, flight ticket and deposit that’s a small price ten years from now regretting that you had have cancelled in the first place. No amount of money can undo a poorly planned or bad result. The best thing about a hair transplant is that it is permanent. The worst thing about a hair transplant is that it is permanent. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

On 9/20/2023 at 5:21 PM, Jzee said:

@A_4_Archan - @GeneralNorwood -  Im a Norwood 5. Ill probably be about 5000 grafts. Would you be more inclined to work with Dr. Demirsoy or Dr. Yaman. Thanks for your thoughts

I agree with every word that Gatsby said.

I would consider FUT procedure in your place since you like to grow your hair on the back and sides longer. For 5000 grafts that would be 24000 $ for Hasson&Wong in Canada or 15000 euros for Muresanu in Switzerland. 

That maybe seems expensive, but it's a lot cheaper financially and mentally then botched HT in random turkey hairmill, which then needs multiple repair surgeries. 

There are some good doctors in Turkey, if  you want to go there, do your research carefully. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood