To those that say low hairline looks bad at old age

if haircloning gets available i will get myself my 15 year old hairline again like michael imperioli

f4fbd2a0d050840dd95adad30738564d

the main factor is donor though. for people who are balding its not wise to "waste" a lot of grafts on a low hairline

- you could keep balding behind the transplant. then you already wasted all your grafts in the front. no way to catch up

- it might look a bit off if you keep receeding behind the transplant. not really natural. norwood 3 or 2  hairlines with a bald crowns are not so uncommon in in nature. people wiht a slick crown but a patrick dempsey hairline dont really occur in nature

- hair has dimishing returns once you passed norwood 3 especially as you get older. the main focus should be that people dont consider you as bald. with 35 and up you are not considered bald if you are norwood 2/3. it doensnt make that big of a difference if you are norwood 3 or norwood 0 in how people aesthetically perceive you while the difference between a norwood 3 and norwood 5-7 is drastic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkhair said:

Explain Patrick Dempsey hairline to me. It’s not unnatural, it’s not bad.

No one says low hairline looks unnatural in old age.

the devil is in the detail:- LOW transplanted hairline will look unnatural because there will never be enough grafts available to reach the density required for a natural looking low hairline in 99.9% of transplant patients. That combined with the abnormal looking pattern that will develop as the patient will age and lose more hair will look absurd. 

Edited by shiba1985

20 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Of course Patrick Dempsey's hairline is going to look natural on Patrick Dempsey. That doesn't mean Patrick Dempseys hairline is going to look natural on a guy who has MPB...

I agree, good point.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY