Repair surgey bad donor area

16 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Any chance you can get some clearer photos from multiple angles of your donor area? Im not sure how you expect anyone to be able to help with photos like that!

Sorry here is an better Pic image.thumb.png.70f6ad5bb9026a72a7404093857787ba.png

• Valued Contributor
14 hours ago, Boba91 said:

Sorry here is an better Pic image.thumb.png.70f6ad5bb9026a72a7404093857787ba.png

Is that better? Can you not get a friend or family member to take several photos (back, sides etc) for you?

It looks very thinned out from what I can see. How many grafts did you have extracted and who was the surgeon/clinic?

You may be able to use body hair (beard, chest) to restock the donor to some degree. 

• Moderators

How long ago was your hair transplant? I ask this because if it was within a few months ago then it could be shock loss and you would just need to wait and let it regrow. However if it’s getting to a year or longer then what you can do is have some body hair transplanted into the thin areas of the donor. You could also try some SMP. I don’t personally like SMP very much unless it’s a severe case without any other options, but it is an option. 

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

7 hours ago, BeHappy said:

How long ago was your hair transplant? I ask this because if it was within a few months ago then it could be shock loss and you would just need to wait and let it regrow. However if it’s getting to a year or longer then what you can do is have some body hair transplanted into the thin areas of the donor. You could also try some SMP. I don’t personally like SMP very much unless it’s a severe case without any other options, but it is an option. 

It was 6 weeks ago

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Boba91 said:

It was 6 weeks ago

Ok then you need to just wait a few months and let everything heal. You could have a lot of temporary shock loss which is normal. What happens is the surrounding hair falls out due to the trauma of surgery. It takes a few months to start growing in again. 

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Ok then you need to just wait a few months and let everything heal. You could have a lot of temporary shock loss which is normal. What happens is the surrounding hair falls out due to the trauma of surgery. It takes a few months to start growing in again. 

I hope they had to give me extra anesthesia because I was feeling it, and I was very dizzy after the surgery. Could this increase the risk of shock loss?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Boba91 said:

I hope they had to give me extra anesthesia because I was feeling it, and I was very dizzy after the surgery. Could this increase the risk of shock loss?

Yes. Using more anesthesia can cause it to be worse. Melvin made a video about shock loss. Maybe him or someone else can post it. 

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

5 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Yes. Using more anesthesia can cause it to be worse. Melvin made a video about shock loss. Maybe him or someone else can post it. 

I think i found it 

I have to wait n watch

@Boba91

i’m not sure if I understand the question. In looking at all of the photos you presented, I’m still not seeing a really clear picture of what’s going on other than what looks like an exceptionally thin donor area.

And if your donor hair is as thin as it appears in the photos, then you wouldn’t likely be a good candidate for hair surgery in the first place.

Also, I suggest posting some clearer photos of the sides and back of your head. The second photo looks like it was photo shopped and doesn’t even look like it’s an actual photo.

But generally speaking, there’s not too much you can do to repair a thinned out donor area. If your donor is thin due to some type of hair loss condition such as diffuse unpatterned alopecia (DUPA), you can possibly consider talking to a doctor about using finasteride which might help thicken thinning areas.

if your donor area is thinned out because of a previous hair transplant procedure and your donor area was over harvested, then you could consider scalp micro pigmentation (SMP) which is a micro tattooing procedure which can be used to provide an illusion of thicker and denser hair in the thinned out areas.

I don’t know where you are located but if you are somewhat local to Toronto or Ottawa Canada, Dr. Rahal does also offer SMP so if you’re somewhat local and interested, feel free to send me a private message and I’d be happy to talk with you more about it.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.