FUE with Dr. Konior

NK1

I had a 1542 graft FUE with Dr. Konior on Aug 30 to restore density and improve symmetry. Overall 10/10 experience!

Great guy, very knowledgeable, professional, and so meticulous. Excellent support staff and team as well. I showed up at the office 6:30am. After markings, photos, and trimming, we started the procedure around 8am and finished at 6pm. He did every part of the procedure himself (minus the extracted grafts preparation that I think technicians do). My donor looks pristine by day 3.

Overall, I love my new hairline, frontal symmetry, and high density. He also improved my temple points. 

On day 3, I did have some concerns about the symmetry of my temple points (left side looks less acute and has less protrusion vs right side) and raised it with him. His medical advise was to wait and see, though he did sort of agree to fix them now if I really wanted to (given my high stress level about it). Since no immediate surgery day was  available even though this would have been a very small procedure (my guess 50-100 grafts), I did not want to stay in town several days or perhaps even a week for what would have been a minor improvement. He recommended to come back in a year if I am still unhappy or/and need additional fine tuning. Of course I then have to pay more, but hopefully he does not retire before then and will cut me a major discount. We will see 😁

I am a private person and won't post pics yet. Perhaps after 9-12 months with final results if I feel brave by then.

Thanks Dr. K! 

Hey thanks for sharing, just a question about how you got the appointment setup - did he agree to work with you just from contacting his office? I had seen a few people say that Dr. K was referral-only now and I'm hoping that's not the case since I'd love to be able to setup a consultation with him directly. And of course I also agree I hope he isn't retiring too soon! 

Hi. I think I contacted him through his office web page. He replied within a few days and we then set everything up via email. I never had a phone or video consult with him.

Edited by NK1
Incorrect information earlier
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NK1 said:

Since no immediate surgery day was  available even though this would have been a very small procedure (my guess 50-100 grafts), I did not want to stay in town several days or perhaps even a week for what would have been a minor improvement.

I understand the massive massive inconvenience of staying somewhere a few weeks or even a week longer than originally planned. Most of us have busy lives, and all we want to do after a HT is go home. 

But I am still a bit unsure specifically why you couldn't just wait a few days or even a week to see Dr. K so he could touch up that area. 

It's like you are saying it is worth it to you to be stressed and obsessed about temple point for a whole year, as opposed to just dealing with a few days/week longer of hanging out near the clinic

1 hour ago, NK1 said:

He recommended to come back in a year if I am still unhappy or/and need additional fine tuning. Of course I then have to pay more, but hopefully he does not retire before then and will cut me a major discount.

I have absolutely zero insight into how much Dr. K charges for 2nd time patients, or fine-tuning, etc. 

But since you paid $35k for 1542 grafts (a massive premium of $22/graft...) I would hope he gives you a discount or something. Especially if you truly are only working with 100 grafts on the temple point

34 minutes ago, blackpink said:

Hey thanks for sharing, just a question about how you got the appointment setup - did he agree to work with you just from contacting his office? I had seen a few people say that Dr. K was referral-only now and I'm hoping that's not the case since I'd love to be able to setup a consultation with him directly. And of course I also agree I hope he isn't retiring too soon! 

I have read nothing saying Dr. K is referral only. 

Don't get me wrong, Dr. K is definitely an exclusive doctor, but only because he charges a flat rate of $35k and not a lot of people can afford that price. But he will work with anyone as long as he wants to take on your case and you can pay. 

I am not a Dr. K patient myself but I have emailed back and forth with him. In my experience he was extremely responsive and very in-depth with his replies. Contact his clinic via his website and you should be able to get his email address. 

You are potentially paying a very large sum of money for his services, and in-turn Dr. K does provide high-quality 1:1 personalized consults via email (at least in my experience)

49 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I understand the massive massive inconvenience of staying somewhere a few weeks or even a week longer than originally planned. Most of us have busy lives, and all we want to do after a HT is go home. 

But I am still a bit unsure specifically why you couldn't just wait a few days or even a week to see Dr. K so he could touch up that area. 

It's like you are saying it is worth it to you to be stressed and obsessed about temple point for a whole year, as opposed to just dealing with a few days/week longer of hanging out near the clinic

I have absolutely zero insight into how much Dr. K charges for 2nd time patients, or fine-tuning, etc. 

But since you paid $35k for 1542 grafts (a massive premium of $22/graft...) I would hope he gives you a discount or something. Especially if you truly are only working with 100 grafts on the temple point

All good points. Thanks for the feedback.

First off, I cannot say how much I paid for this procedure (that is Dr. k's private fee information), but yes you do pay a lot for his premium service.

I could not hang out more than 1-2 days extra in town because of work and personal obligations back home 2000 miles away. Since this is labor day weekend and they were packed next week, I don't think they would have been able to squeeze me in for a while. Also Dr. k was not very keen on doing this revision now since his medical advice was that very likely I may like or be ok with the final result when everything grows out. If I still don't like the left temple or/and other fine-tuning is needed, then we could fix all issues at once later. Also per him that minor fix will not require full shaving (grow hair long in back and shave small donor patches covered by hair, and recipient will be mostly non-shaved as well since it will extend the temple points).

It would be great if he does it for free if it comes to that or some small fee to cover his staff's time, but we will see. Fingers crossed I am happy with the results and don't need fine tuning. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NK1 said:

First off, I cannot say how much I paid for this procedure (that is Dr. k's private fee information), but yes you do pay a lot for his premium service.

What is this? Second patient of his that refuses to share the prices. 

This is really odd and never seen with any other clinic. I don’t really understand what’s the point of not sharing this info by a hair transplant clinic unless he is perhaps charging every patient differently based on some secret criteria? I really can’t think why this info is so confidential with this doctor.

Or maybe the patients are embarrassed of their results because what they paid doesn’t match with the quality they’re getting?

Who knows, very weird 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Turkhair said:

This is really odd and never seen with any other clinic. I don’t really understand what’s the point of not sharing this info by a hair transplant clinic unless he is perhaps charging every patient differently based on some secret criteria? I really can’t think why this info is so confidential with this doctor.

Or maybe the patients are embarrassed of their results because what they paid doesn’t match with the quality they’re getting?

Who knows, very weird 

One of his recent patients (puzzleheadedrun) shared that he paid $35k for a 2000 FUE procedure. 

On 9/2/2023 at 8:25 PM, Turkhair said:

Who knows, very weird 

are you a paid troll or just unpro?

The long explanation is we don’t set his pricing; you call or email and ask. How are we supposed to know, I was waiting on a waitlist for a while. The price of Cheez-Its went up from $2.99 to $4.99 

What, you think we’re hiding something from you bro? Your tone like aggressive troll

Edited by skyler

5 minutes ago, skyler said:

are you a paid troll or just unpro?

The long explanation is we don’t set his pricing; you call or email and ask. How are we supposed to know, I was waiting on a waitlist for a while. The price of Cheez-Its went up from $2.99 to $4.99 

What, you think we’re hiding something from you bro? What is wrong with you troll

Trying to get an idea of what the doctor charges 

11 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

Trying to get an idea of what the doctor charges 

look i just try to provide relevant information the forum can keep with time. prices may change if you look at videos from year or two ago or this year or in 3 years, i just want a consistent answer for those in posterity looking for the correct answer: if you want to know how much, just email or call and ask yourself. then this answer never has to change, is it simple yes/no?

not simple to get direct answer from source?

Edited by skyler

I am curious how many or which HT surgeons use computer or TV monitors to show the hairline design photos to the patient and then use that to jointly iterate until everyone is happy? 

I ask because looking at the marked hairline design the morning of in a hand-held mirror or on the surgeon's camera in a tiny room (with a tech and the surgeon around you at all times) with all the pre-surgery stress does not seem like an optimal way to finalize and approve design. Maybe I am wrong, but that's me. I mean when we go buy a kitchen countertop, we look at many designs, take pictures, bring samples home, and may take days or weeks to decide what we want.  For HT, you have to agree to a design in about 1.5 hrs.

Also are there any standard photo tools that HT surgeons should have or use to make this process even more streamlined? The best standardized photos I have seen are from Eugenix. You can see if the design of off or asymmetrical very quickly in these photos. I rarely see that issue with Eugenix.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 12:10 AM, NK1 said:

I am curious how many or which HT surgeons use computer or TV monitors to show the hairline design photos to the patient and then use that to jointly iterate until everyone is happy? 

I ask because looking at the marked hairline design the morning of in a hand-held mirror or on the surgeon's camera in a tiny room (with a tech and the surgeon around you at all times) with all the pre-surgery stress does not seem like an optimal way to finalize and approve design. Maybe I am wrong, but that's me. I mean when we go buy a kitchen countertop, we look at many designs, take pictures, bring samples home, and may take days or weeks to decide what we want.  For HT, you have to agree to a design in about 1.5 hrs.

Also are there any standard photo tools that HT surgeons should have or use to make this process even more streamlined? The best standardized photos I have seen are from Eugenix. You can see if the design of off or asymmetrical very quickly in these photos. I rarely see that issue with Eugenix.

I had my surgery with Konior and although we agreed upon a hairline via looking at the hotel he also showed me photos of my hairline on his camera where he was taking photos! That is something I would recommend for you is to reach out and obtain those photos is possible! 

But going back to your initial question I a m unsure what other clinics/surgeons do in regards to the hairline design and showcasing it to patients!

On 9/12/2023 at 3:27 AM, stephcurry30 said:

I had my surgery with Konior and although we agreed upon a hairline via looking at the hotel he also showed me photos of my hairline on his camera where he was taking photos! That is something I would recommend for you is to reach out and obtain those photos is possible! 

But going back to your initial question I a m unsure what other clinics/surgeons do in regards to the hairline design and showcasing it to patients!

He did show me the photo on his camera. It was frontal view with a line overlay showing the straightness of the frontal design. That was super-helpful! He did not show me any side or profile view photos on his camera and it did not occur to me to ask him. In retrospect, that was a mistake. Getting photos now will not fix it. I am 15 days out and have taken many photos and analyzed the design and geometry. My left and right temporal peaks (side view) are asymmetric. I also compared them to the desired marked photos I sent and left side is quite off from that. I had even printed my top-5 issues/goals with pictures on a slide and gave a copy to the nurse as I walked into the surgery room.  In any case, what is done is done. I failed to carefully check the final design in the stress of the moment. I am definitely sad to have spent so much time and money, and know that I have to go through another small procedure in the future to fix it. 

I hope your design and outcome is fantastic. Looks like you are pleased with everything so far. Congrats!

30 minutes ago, NK1 said:

He did show me the photo on his camera. It was frontal view with a line overlay showing the straightness of the frontal design. That was super-helpful! He did not show me any side or profile view photos on his camera and it did not occur to me to ask him. In retrospect, that was a mistake. Getting photos now will not fix it. I am 15 days out and have taken many photos and analyzed the design and geometry. My left and right temporal peaks (side view) are asymmetric. I also compared them to the desired marked photos I sent and left side is quite off from that. I had even printed my top-5 issues/goals with pictures on a slide and gave a copy to the nurse as I walked into the surgery room.  In any case, what is done is done. I failed to carefully check the final design in the stress of the moment. I am definitely sad to have spent so much time and money, and know that I have to go through another small procedure in the future to fix it. 

I hope your design and outcome is fantastic. Looks like you are pleased with everything so far. Congrats!

I think you should post the photos that you took blocking out your face so we can see the hairline design. The hairline is MEANT to be a symmetric. If you look at plastic surgery having perfect symmetry is a NOT natural and every hairline is never symmetric. The image below shows how weird your face would look if it was completely symmetric. You would look weird and awkward. 

symetrical-face-5.jpg

Post the photos of your hairline and we can help you and give you might insight. It's so difficult speaking to you on this issue with having no images. 

The other thing to note is that Dr. Konior has 25+ years of experience in this industry and has put out great results for years. There is a reason why you paid a steep price for him because he is good at what he does. It seems like you have 9 posts on this forum and it's difficult to gauge your knowledge and experience at hair restoration but I would be shocked if it was even a quarter of your doctor's knowledge. There is a reason why he's recommended on this board. 

That being said there are 2 things you can do:

1.) Go back to your surgeon/clinic in 1 year and discuss in detail the design and your concerns and gain insight as to why your doctor designed your temples/hairline a specific way. 

2.) Post photos of your post op hairline so the community can alleviate your concerns and give you some advice on you current situation. 

If I had to take a stab in the dark it would be that you are having 2nd regrets about the hairline that are unrealistic due to social media/perceived perception of perfect. Remember that hair restoration is meant to be natural and you went to one of the best doctors in NA. It's not worth worrying about this currently without getting proper insight from your doctor/clinic and/or community. 

Feel free to do what you are most comfortable next but I'm fairly certain you are over thinking everything concerned over nothing. Let us help you. 

edit:

Look how awkward and weird the most beautiful girl in the world would look like if her face was symmetric. Your face is meant to be ASSYMETRIC. Including the hairline. If you look at every top tier result on this forum every hairline is NOT symmetric. 

sym8-640w.png

Just trying to help you out OP! Stop worrying about something that probably isn't even an issue. 

Edited by stephcurry30
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

I think you should post the photos that you took blocking out your face so we can see the hairline design. The hairline is MEANT to be a symmetric. If you look at plastic surgery having perfect symmetry is a NOT natural and every hairline is never symmetric. The image below shows how weird your face would look if it was completely symmetric. You would look weird and awkward. 

symetrical-face-5.jpg

Post the photos of your hairline and we can help you and give you might insight. It's so difficult speaking to you on this issue with having no images. 

The other thing to note is that Dr. Konior has 25+ years of experience in this industry and has put out great results for years. There is a reason why you paid a steep price for him because he is good at what he does. It seems like you have 9 posts on this forum and it's difficult to gauge your knowledge and experience at hair restoration but I would be shocked if it was even a quarter of your doctor's knowledge. There is a reason why he's recommended on this board. 

That being said there are 2 things you can do:

1.) Go back to your surgeon/clinic in 1 year and discuss in detail the design and your concerns and gain insight as to why your doctor designed your temples/hairline a specific way. 

2.) Post photos of your post op hairline so the community can alleviate your concerns and give you some advice on you current situation. 

If I had to take a stab in the dark it would be that you are having 2nd regrets about the hairline that are unrealistic due to social media/perceived perception of perfect. Remember that hair restoration is meant to be natural and you went to one of the best doctors in NA. It's not worth worrying about this currently without getting proper insight from your doctor/clinic and/or community. 

Feel free to do what you are most comfortable next but I'm fairly certain you are over thinking everything concerned over nothing. Let us help you. 

edit:

Look how awkward and weird the most beautiful girl in the world would look like if her face was symmetric. Your face is meant to be ASSYMETRIC. Including the hairline. If you look at every top tier result on this forum every hairline is NOT symmetric. 

sym8-640w.png

Just trying to help you out OP! Stop worrying about something that probably isn't even an issue. 

Hairmills get blamed for producing perfectly symmetrical hairlines/grafts without any irregularities in them. Surprised to see someone complaining of poor hairline design by Konior, he’s the goat of hair transplants 🤷‍♀️

I guess I understand his frustrations. I had different plans for my hairline too but went with my surgeon’s design (he insisted on it) and I am happy now. Would’ve sucked if he had followed my plan

18 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

Hairmills get blamed for producing perfectly symmetrical hairlines/grafts without any irregularities in them. Surprised to see someone complaining of poor hairline design by Konior, he’s the goat of hair transplants 🤷‍♀️

I guess I understand his frustrations. I had different plans for my hairline too but went with my surgeon’s design (he insisted on it) and I am happy now. Would’ve sucked if he had followed my plan

Dr. K is still as awesome in my book as always! I revere him and am grateful that he took on my case. 

I am a scientist and data is my thing. Yes this could be all in my head. In any case, I want to clearly re-state that whether I like the final result or not, I approved the design and surgery. No one rushed me or forced me into it.

I will be patient and come back here in 6-8 months and report if this was all in my head or something else.

Take care everyone. Signing off to go focus on growing my hair! 😁

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NK1 said:

Dr. K is still as awesome in my book as always! I revere him and am grateful that he took on my case. 

I am a scientist and data is my thing. Yes this could be all in my head. In any case, I want to clearly re-state that whether I like the final result or not, I approved the design and surgery. No one rushed me or forced me into it.

I will be patient and come back here in 6-8 months and report if this was all in my head or something else.

Take care everyone. Signing off to go focus on growing my hair! 😁

Sounds good. Posting a photo of your hairline might be a good idea but if you're not comfortable with it just ignore your concerns you will get a fantastic result I'm sure. 

"perfect" symmetry doesn't exist in hairlines naturally. Asymmetry is what makes it natural. Dr. Konior should've explained that to you. Perfect symmetry may exist in doll and mannequin hairlines! It doesn't exist in human hairlines. 

• Like 1