Decided! Dr Yaman, 4,400 grafts (head/beard) 13th September

First - A big thank you to all the members here for the great advise and information. 

I am still super nervous about my decision but feel it is the best fit for me and my budget. 

I was looking at a lesser package with Euginex, but even that is still more expensive than Dr Yaman, and you don't get a "named Doctor"  

I am going with the manual extraction method (which is more costly, but I think seems better and more risk averse) 

Now the questions;

• is there anything I need to do to prepare for this? 
  • Special diet 
  • Medication/vitamins ? 
  • Give up my once a week cigar habit ? 

I want to make sure I give my growers all the help they can get.

I have stared taking Biotin this week, and have been taking zinc for a few years now (along with oral Fin and minox) 

thanks again everyone !

• Valued Contributor

@DavidJ

No special care ..good that you are already on oral finasteride and minoxidil which you help you with this...not a special diet but good healthy diet is always good for your hairs as well as general health and if you can quit smoking even once than it will be good for your hairs as well as your health overall...beat of luck with your surgery..

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

SO I am really starting to get nervous now - 

• Have I made the right choice
  • is the recovery going to be a hassle 
  • what post/after care do I need to look out for   

I keep second gusessing myself 

I figured I would post some images to show what I am working with at the moment. I continue to be told my doner is good by a number of Doctors that I have consulted with (all overseas) (Yaman, Gur, Eugenix, Taleb) 

• All Doctor's have advised the same estimates for grafts 
  • Estimate 4,400-4,500 
  • Will cover the front and Mid section and maybe touch the crown if anything is left over.  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

• Valued Contributor

I would go for a conservative hairline. If a year after your surgery your surgeon deems that you have surplus grafts left in the bank then consider the hairline. If you go to Eugenix they will be the best at utilizing beard grafts which will help give you with more density in the mid scalp region. All the best!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Your donor does not look that great to me and you have a lot of area to cover. You need to go with a high hairline and see how many grafts you can get, how much coverage you get with those grafts, and how your donor looks afterwards. At that point you can then decide if you are able to go a little lower or not on the hairline on the next transplant.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.