Side effects after 1 year of Finasteride

HortonC

Hello,

so I started taking oral Finasteride about 14 months ago - 1mg 3x per week. I noticed side effects relatively soon after about one month. It was managable at first - mainly just lower libido and my ejaculate was a bit more watery, nothing too serious. However, after about month 10 it started getting worse to a point where it is negatively affecting my sexual life.

So I guess I should just lower the dose now to 0.5mg and see if it gets better and so now I am wondering if I should first take a break completely - maybe 2-4 weeks or until side effects mostly subside - and then start 0.5mg doses or should I start with the lower dose right away, no break?

Also what are my other options? I know I could try topical Fin, but it's not easy to get where I am. I will be consulting with a dermatologist one month from now, but I'd like to get advice beforehand from this forum.

• Administrators

Start microdosing. Try 1mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

26 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Start microdosing. Try 1mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday. 

That's the dose that I have been on and that has been giving me these side effects in the last couple of months.

• Administrators

Try 0.25 mg 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.