Ive been to hairdressers and they've made me think about h/s and im worried :(

Ive just been for my hair cut and i was having a laugh about my hair going thin etc and thought id mention about hair trans,and i was gutted with remarks he said.

he said that there a few pl who had theres done and come in here for hair cutting etc,which i was suprised he said it leaves a terrible scar and hairs like dolls hair.

i mention to him surely the outcome of the scar depends on the doc who does it?

he said no i wouldnt have it done coss if hair thins and back and sides you would have to shave it off and left with a scar.

i been feeling really happy about getting it done and now hes put a doubt in my head hmmm

if i have it done with dr farjo(one of the best)

cant i have say no3 shaved on back and spiky on top messy spiky??/

Well, your hairstylist is 1/2 right and 1/2 wrong. If you go to one of the best docs today then you will NOT get doll's hair !! Even people who cut your hair will not be able to tell unless you tell them.

However, if you are a young guy (35 or younger) who still has alot more hair to lose and may likely head to Norwood 6/7, then he is right IMO. If you are 25 or younger then just to forget about HTs alltogether would be the wisest course of action IMO.

A #3 cut should be able to hide a well-executed strip scar. Your hairdresser has obviously seen a few bad transplants and never a good one. Or perhaps he has seen some good transplants without realising it. I've heard reports from patients who've amazed their hair stylist when they've mentioned that they've undergone a hair transplant.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

2 weeks after I had my transplant done at SMG, I went to my local doc to have them remove the stitches. They were quite confused when I told them I had a hair transplant. They thought the implanted hairs were just my native hairs cut short. And this is just two weeks out.

To make a long story short, every HT where people look at it as say: "Ugh! Look at that guy with the bad hair transplant!" is poor work. The good work like that done by the coalition doctors here gets no notice at all because the HT is undetectable. Therefore to the public (or a hairdresser), they perceive hair transplants as being a bad option because the bad ones are the only ones they can see.

Okay, if you talk about 'Doll's hair' I do agree that hair dresser might have not seen good HT but how about the sides getting thin that he mentioned? He is right that once you are HT patient, you are left with a scar (even if you go to a world class doctor). So you can not ever shave you head or cut it with less than number 2-3. And ofcourse, eventually you will loose the transplanted hair as well at the later stage and you should be mentally prepared to leave hair on your back and sides to hide scar. Do I make sense?

My hairdresser/barber is amazed my HT. He marvels about what a positive, natural change it has made. A good HT doctor and how good a cadidate you are makes all the difference. A good HT doctor can tell you whether you a good candidate. Do not be afraid to travel to get a good HT.

Thinning at the back and sides does happen, but if you look around I think you'll find that it's quite rare for these areas to really thin down to a point where a (well executed) strip scar would be glaringly obvious.

Does anyone disagree with that?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

i'm coming up on the 7-month mark on my 1st HT. And I can tell you that one of the really striking things that i have found is how little others, including both hair stylists and even other doctors, know about HTs and the HT process. I've been really surprised by this. It's made me appreciate what a specialty discipline this is.

Even a dermatologist, who I saw for an unrelated skin issue a few months after my HT, was shocked when I told him all the transplanted hair sheds shortly after the surgery. I would have thought he would have come across others who've had HTs. This very experienced dermatologist was very interested to hear all about the experience, pricing, etc., and seemed to know nothing about it previously. So even people who you'd think might have some insights into the process, results, etc., don't seem to....