Surgery Legal contracts

Ive twice asked my surgeon for copies of any legal documentation in advance and they have both times ignored/ dismissed my request

It all seems very informal so far. No invoice, no formal receipt of the deposit and no contracts. Everything has just been communicated via email messages.

Doesn't seem right to me.

• Valued Contributor
18 hours ago, Jamie_Finndust said:

Hey all;

Ive just booked for my first procedure. 

Q: Is it common to sign legal contracts before the surgery?

Thanks

Often this is asked in the day of surgery. Cancel the surgery if they fail to reply to your questions pre surgery. 

• Like 2

I have read and evaluated literally dozens of these contracts including other forms of cosmetic surgery…these contracts primarily serve the interests of the clinics that perform the procedures and 99.99% of them will not provide their services unless the patient/client signs them.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 3 weeks later...

@Jamie_Finndust,

While it is certainly a normal procedure for patients to be provided with documentation before undergoing hair transplant surgery, there should be no secrets in any of the documentation as the clinic should have gone over everything with you already.  That said, you should be given ample time to read over everything and you should certainly be entitled to copies of the documentation, especially documentation you were asked to sign.

I hope this helps

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

They can call it a hundred different things but trust me, after all the hype, it’s a binding contract which releases the doctor and or clinic from any and all liability…and they typically do not have the patient sign it until after they collect 100% of the money on the morning of surgery.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2023 at 6:32 PM, Jamie_Finndust said:

thanks guys,

i did get a response. ive been told there are no contracts to sign

seems sooo blasé!

Went in for surgery recently (it was aborted on the day - see my other post

Turned out that yes indeed; despite asking for these in advance and being told in writing that there would not be any; I was in fact asked to sign a liablilty release the day before my planned procedure.