No results after 7 months of treatments

DavidFrancis

Hi friends, 
I'm posting on this forum again because I'm looking for your kind advice, 
I have a diffuse at 25, with a failed transplant 2 years ago, and I've been on oral finasteride 0.5mg a day for 7 months, and oral minoxidil 2.5 mg a day for 6 months. 
Let's just say that I used to lose 400 hairs a day, but now I lose 300. I still have shedding, and every morning I find a huge amount of miniaturised, almost invisible hair. I haven't had any regrowth. 
Can I expect anything? Or should I increase the doses? 

• Valued Contributor

@DavidFrancis

Imo you should consult a good doctor and go for physical examination and get your scalp and body checked and do all the required reports related to this and plan your line of treatment accordingly...this will be the best advice i can give you in the situation you are in rather thn just giving you names of few treatments/medicines for hairloss ...i hope this helps you ..best of luck....

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

48 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@DavidFrancis

Imo you should consult a good doctor and go for physical examination and get your scalp and body checked and do all the required reports related to this and plan your line of treatment accordingly...this will be the best advice i can give you in the situation you are in rather thn just giving you names of few treatments/medicines for hairloss ...i hope this helps you ..best of luck....

Thanks, 
I did a blood test but no deficit on iron, zinc, vitamin D. Im surely very sensitive to DHT with a very speed thinning. 
Lupanzula didnt see my scalp when i saw him, i must see another doctor

• Moderators

If you have rapid, aggressive hair loss then it could be that the best you will do on meds is slow it down. I'm a NW 7 and I was on finasteride for 11 years, but after initially maybe having a bit of regrowth the first couple of years, I definitely was losing hair by the time I was 3 or 4 years into it. After 11 years of using it I was obviously a lot worse, so I just stopped.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor

Oral minoxidil takes up to one year to see peak benefits and finasteride can take up to two years. If you are not having side effects you could speak to your dermatologist about increasing your oral minoxidil to 5mg a day. I would be taking photos of your hair say every two months apart under identical settings (lighting, framing, etc).

It's falling so fast.. 
i would like to try topical finasteride 
the problem is that I also have a failed graft, and I want to repair it. Feriduni suggested a 700-plug extraction, but I don't know if I should do it now or not. The truth is, I'd rather repair my graft than stay like this. 

• 1 month later...