An unethical question :0

I've had 2 previous transplants (2006 USA and 2021 Turkey) and because of the 1st TP used the old punch graft technique and bad hair genetics, I don't have much donor on the sides and back left. The last TP in Turkey  used 1200 graft from beard and 3000 scalp. So maybe 7000- 7300 total grafts between the two TP's. My question is if a doctor could use another say 1200 beard grafts and use the rest of my sides and back ,1300 ,for a total of 2500 graft to add density to my front and mid? I have SMP and would be using basically all that's left of my sides and back and most of beard. I don't want to grow a beard and would keep my back and sides shaved, like I've done now for 15 yrs+. I currently keep it short due to low density on top.So I'm literally  asking a doc to use whats left of my sides and back .Could I find a doc in Turkey to agree to my "unethical" request? Thank you

Screenshot_20230806-173555~2.png

Screenshot_20230806-173549~2.png

Edited by SkinnyPete

As with all 'unethical' things, ask around, sign all waivers of liability and go crazy. But if you are looking for a 'Yeah, go to Dr. Still Alive, he was glad to put all my back hair on my temples for an extra K' kind of reply, you are in the wrong forum :D

• Valued Contributor

@SkinnyPete

Hatts off to you and your hair greed 😀

Not advisable bt the thing you are saying can be done and any hairs can be transplanted to the head through surgery ..i think you have a point ...i mean you want to fully deplete an area which is already partially depleted...even at the moment you can't grown hairs over there as it is partially depleted and it will not look good so you are shaving it to hide your depleted sides and back than why not use the remaining grafts for the top as you will keep the back and sides shaved anyhow 

But i would say go to a good doctor who is experienced and enough skilled to perform this...and do keep in mind about so many scars you need to deal with 

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor

I think if you are literally exhausting your entire back and sides then I personally would frown on a surgeon who would do that. In twenty years from now your thinking will change and they know this. SMP or no SMP you will be left with thousands of punctuated scars.

A_4_Archan.. Spot on. I might as well use the little graft I have and shave anyway plus some beard graft for a last TP which will fill nicely when it's grown out to a max of 2 inches(5cm) on top

Gatsby@ I have no scaring from previous beard graft and recent TP. I do have some minor scaring from my 1st transplant yrs ago hidden pretty well with SMP. A little scaring will be the least of my worries when I'm 70+ in twenty yrs. Haha. Regarding your comment about  surgeons, my last one didn't have a problem using my 2ND to last thousand or so scalp donor when I ask them to do it. Are you frowning now? 🤨

Screenshot_20230807-034018-280.png

Edited by SkinnyPete

I do have some graft left yes. But not enough to fully grow my sides and back out. It would look quite spotty I imagine.  BTW, I have shaved my head for the past 20 yrs+ (military retired now) I don't miss the sides and back. Just like to grow the top out now 4 to 5 cm. 

Edited by SkinnyPete

Also, if you look closely at my 1st photo , I have very little scaring iñ after 5000+ grafts taken from a crap punch graft method TP years ago and the more recent TP. The SMP and possibly good work from a clinic we are familiar with helps, I imagine. No worries 

Edited by SkinnyPete

51 minutes ago, SkinnyPete said:

Also, if you look closely at my 1st photo , I have very little scaring iñ after 5000+ grafts taken from a crap punch graft method TP years ago and the more recent TP. The SMP and possibly good work from a clinic we are familiar with helps, I imagine. No worries 

Its really difficult to ascertain how well it'll look from the pictures. 

I can understand what you're trying to achieve and follow your logic. What I'm not sure of is how much those remaining grafts are fooling the eye. At the moment you may be looking more natural because people who look twice will see native hair on the back and sides and that'll fit into the learned pattern of what hair looks like. However, if you went entirely for SMP on the back and sides would that illusion still be maintained?

I honestly don't know the answer, but it's worth contemplating before making a decision to proceed.

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "people who look twice......." 

I basically shave what's left of my sides and back of head with a razor every 2 days now smooth. I guess there are only about 1000 good grafts left. Even after those say 1000 grafts are taken in the final TP, along with 700 to 1000 beard grafts, one could feel a little stubble still I assume, but not much. What you are seeing in the photos above is SMP on the sides and back and basically all transplanted on top. But with fin and minoxidil taken daily for 8 months now, hard to tell if it's the drugs helping or just transplants.To add to the confusion, 4700 grafts were transplanted by a well known respected clinic on here, 8 months ago. But I still feel I will need the additional TP of around 2000 grafts  for more density. I am/was a nw6 or 7. Time will tell over the next few months .This random photo here would be the ultimate goal, no more needed.

Screenshot_20230807-090058-881.png

Edited by SkinnyPete

I messy, if people look closely will the illusion of hair be maintained convincingly once you’ve removed it all?

It would appear you’re pretty set on the idea, so you’re really not asking whether you should, but whether you could.

To answer your question, yes, you’ll find surgeons in Turkey willing to move as many as hairs as you want from wherever you want.

Well I haven't had anyone say anything about the illusion of SMP on my sides and back in 3 yrs except my mom. Haha. Good SMP seems to work in most cases besides direct light, so then it might appear like normal skin I suppose. Turkey is what I'm set on since the last well known clinic on here that I went to, is so far from me and my doc's package there has increased too much recently for basically drawing the hairline(done) and making the slits, though I had a good experience overall there. Anyway, I will update with photos , progress, etc regarding this "project"

• Administrators

Just because you can do it, doesn’t mean you should. I’d be weary of anyone accepting your request.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi,

On a slightly separate note, are you happy with the appearance of the beard hair on the scalp?  Any other thoughts on the beard to scalp transplant?  Are you still able to grow a full beard?  I am going in next week for 2,500 Beard to scalp transplant and 1,000 scalp to scalp HT.  I already had 4 previous HT going back to the mid-1980s.  Thanks for your response.

We are in the same boat it seems with old punch graft transplants combined with the new style transplants. Yes I'm happy with the beard graft in the mid and crown mixed with scalp hair. I can feel the difference and for me it feels thicker and will provide the density. I'm 8 months into 2000 beard grafts and will use maybe 1000 more on the last tp. Also the beard area healed in less than a week and zero scaring. But Im not sure it would look good longer than a couple of inches( 5cm) . It would look like a brillo pad cause mine is thick/ wirey . To each his own

I was told by a hair transplant doctor today that they can't take grafts from the sides above the ear because of arteries but you've clearly taken grafts from there? Did you have any health issues that followed?

3 minutes ago, SkinnyPete said:

No problems. Haven't heard of that before and I went to one of the highly touted clinics on here

Wtf, doctor Malkani at Wimpole clinic told me today he can't take grafts from this region because of arteries underneath 

20230807_195057~2.JPG

So Gatsby is frowning and Melvin is very weary of a clinic that they are fawning over on a regular basis.. I gave Eugenix a total history and video chat. I told them exactly what I wanted. Told them they could use all my sides and back scalp/ beard. Go nuts! They had no problem. $$ over ethics?? Who knows. But I have no complaints with the high package doc who did it or the clinic. I recommend! I won't name the doc and probably won't go back to them since this docs package doubled in price in less than a year and it's a long trip from middle of the US. BTW Sethi wasn't my primary doc .It was just a  photo 

Screenshot_20230807-125002-737.png

7 minutes ago, SkinnyPete said:

12s. Sorry that's the best photo I have. It's seems that  my Doc didn't go exactly where you circled as I didn't have much hair there

Screenshot_20230807-145320-177.png

Thanks, I was looking at your first post and it looked like the grafts were taken all the way to end of hairline because was all red