First HT in Thailand FUE or FUT

Hi all,

I’m a long time lurker and first time poster. Been losing hair since early 20’s. I’m 40 now and at that crossroads where to get a HT or just shave it off and deal with going bald. (I don’t have the head shape to shave my head so HT it is). 
Been on Fin for over a year (1mg every 2nd day) and has slowed my hair loss only, can’t do Minoxidil. 
I’ve spoken with a few drs (Australia, Turkey and Thailand) and have narrowed it down to Dr. Pathomvanich or Dr. Laorwong in Thailand.
Both have said around 4000grafts
I know the smart play is FUT (graft survival, future surgeries etc) but really don’t want the linear scar. 
Main question is -  I like to where my hair short, will donor area be ok for FuE with that many grafts or should I just go FUT?

any input would be great as I want to book my HT in the next few days for late October. 

IMG_6889.png

IMG_6888.jpeg

IMG_6891.jpeg

IMG_6892.png

Edited by Ake

if you have many relatives who are norwood 6 and 7: considering you have little to none beard growth FUT would be the wise decison

if no then i think fue would be just as fine

its also possible to do fue first and fut later

the most important factor would be your scalp laxity though..if you have little scalp laxity id rule out FUT

Edited by mr_peanutbutter

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

if you have many relatives who are norwood 6 and 7: considering you have little to none beard growth FUT would be the wise decison

if no then i think fue would be just as fine

its also possible to do fue first and fut later

the most important factor would be your scalp laxity though..if you have little scalp laxity id rule out FUT

@mr_peanutbutter Thank you for your info, has helped me reconfirm my decision. 

My Dads father was bald
Dad and his brothers all have hair and their sons. But my Aunties son is bald.

Mum’s side all had hair

I know the norm is FUT then FUE after but I’m not the norm. 

I don’t think there is much laxity. Can’t pinch my skin. But I’m not a HT Dr. 

• Valued Contributor

@Akeimo FUT ofcourse have an upper hand when it comes to total lifetime grafts availability....but if you wear your hairs too short (like in your pics) than i would say FUT scar would be visible....so if you can keep hairs longer than this than you can easily go with FUT first...scalp laxity plays an important role though your surgeon would be the best to judge how it is and whether FUT can be done or not...

Both the mentioned doctors are good regardless of any method you choose to go with..i did my surgery with dr kongkiat laorwong and if you have any queries/questions regarding him than feel free to ask me..i would be happy to help you ....and i have seen many results from dr pathomvanich and he is very ethical surgeon and producing good results too...

From pictures (though pics can be deceiving) it seems your donor is really good plus you are already 40 and you are on Finasteride ...all this things makes you a good candidate for HT ...

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I think you can still do a “low fade” with FUT just fine…. 3 or 4 guard over scar, taper down to one below that.  That works very well for me, but I know it’s not OK with everyone.  

• Like 1

Thanks @A_4_Archan I was considering  Dr Pathomvanich and then seen your write up and the work Dr Laorwong did on you. (Great stuff btw). It got me looking into him a lot closer and I liked what I saw. 
About 5mins ago I bit the bullet and locked in a date with Dr Laorwong. Just trying to figure out this wise app to send the deposit over 😠
I might have to hit you up where to stay near his clinic and places to eat. 

Edited by Ake

• Valued Contributor
11 minutes ago, Ake said:

Thanks @A_4_Archan I was considering  Dr Pathomvanich and then seen your write up and the work Dr Laorwong did on you. (Great stuff btw). It got me looking into him a lot closer and I liked what I saw. 
About 5mins ago I bit the bullet and locked in a date with Dr Laorwong. Just trying to figure out this wise app to send the deposit over 😠
I might have to hit you up where to stay near his clinic and places to eat. 

Oh yeh he did a great job on me and many other guys like me...so you will be under safe hands...but always take your decision without any haste and after understanding pros and cons of a surgery....

You can send me a personal message and i would share everything with you you about my experience plus all the things like transportation and accommodation 

And yeh keep trying WISE as your efforts would be result in some savings (its the cheapest i think) 😊

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023