Planning my second hair transplant

Hey all,

I had my first hair transplant almost 2 years ago (now I am 27 yo) with DR Bicer in Turkey ( Older Post)
I am not using Propecia, and just using minoxidil.

I am planning my second hair transplant and would like your help considering a clinic and kind of package.

I need a clinic that will also be able to use a lot of beard hair, (in case I will need a 3rd operation)

Illy considering Eugenix, Are any other recommended clinics? ( Europe, India) that are not expensive as Bizaanga for example

20230801_145514.jpg

20230801_145551.jpg

20230801_145518.jpg

20230801_151418.jpg

20230801_145342.jpg

20230801_145340.jpg

20230801_145355.jpg

20230801_151823.jpg

20230801_151821.jpg

20230801_151552.jpg

20230801_151549.jpg

20230801_151511.jpg

20230801_151421.jpg

20230801_150052.jpg

20230801_145939.jpg

20230801_145643.jpg

20230801_145344.jpg

20230801_145631.jpg

20230801_145943.jpg

20230801_171703.jpg

20230801_171702.jpg

Edited by Hair_hunter

Hello, @Hair_hunter by looking at your case I think Eugenix can be a good option for you. They've been regularly using beard donor. With ease they can give good coverage. Will you be mainly addressing mid zone and crown in this procedure ? And any plans on hairline touchup ? 

Edited by Shadman

13 minutes ago, Shadman said:

Hello, @Hair_hunter by looking at your case I think Eugenix can be a good option for you. They've been regularly using beard donor. With ease they can give good coverage. Will you be mainly addressing mid zone and crown in this procedure ? And any plans on hairline touchup ? 

Hey @Shadman, thanks for your reply.

Yes you got it exactly right :)

Mid and crown areas, and a little touch up in the front. 

There is any recommendations regarding the package offering? 

Does the operation with Arika bensel make the difference that much? 

12 minutes ago, Hair_hunter said:

Well, in my case my surgeon was Dr. Somesh he is in the exclusive package. In terms of higher packages,  Dr Priya is in the premium & Dr arika is in the super premium package. Regarding the selection of the surgeon, I asked for a video consultation with Dr. Somesh. My initial planning matched with his planning so I went for him. And I didn't have enough budget to go for higher packages.  I think it would be more about with which doctor you'll be more comfortable and whom you can afford. Among all these packages, the only difference would be the doctor. Suppose If you select Dr. Arika she will be involved in planning, hairline designing, marking and will do slits. And after that will monitor the whole procedure

Edited by Shadman
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@Hair_hunter why don't you take finasteride ..minoxidil will not help you to slow down/stop your hairloss progression and you will keep on loosing existing hairs..maintaining you existing hair is most important for a successful HT otherwise you will keep on chasing hairs....

Eugenix is a good option and dr arika's package ofcourse provides more value considering her skills and experience ,if not thn why should they charge more for that..

You can also loom at dr pittela who is producing top notch results in high NW cases and also using beard grafts very well...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

23 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Hair_hunter why don't you take finasteride ..minoxidil will not help you to slow down/stop your hairloss progression and you will keep on loosing existing hairs..maintaining you existing hair is most important for a successful HT otherwise you will keep on chasing hairs....

Eugenix is a good option and dr arika's package ofcourse provides more value considering her skills and experience ,if not thn why should they charge more for that..

You can also loom at dr pittela who is producing top notch results in high NW cases and also using beard grafts very well...

The easy answer is the fear from side effects.

I am aware of the small percentage of pepole that suffer from it, and still, no whiling taking the chances 

Just checked Pittela, looks good but Brazil is too far for me

Any other good recommend clinics, that I can advice with? 

Eugenix just gave me an offer, and they are willing to take just around 200-500 beard hairs. 

Beside of that they are saying they will commit to results only if I will take finastride. 

IMG-20230802-WA0101.jpg

IMG-20230802-WA0100.jpg

Edited by Hair_hunter

On 8/1/2023 at 8:55 PM, Hair_hunter said:

Hi, your right side of the scalp donor area is thin due to over harvesting. However, the back and left side of the scalp donor area seems ok as per the photos. Your beard is also not dense. The target you mentioned mid scalp, crown and touch up of the front hairline is not possible. You can lower your expectations. If your front hairline area is ok then go for mid scalp and crown area.
I would suggest you to go for FUT plus FUE and the procedure may split into two days. Day 1 from the back ( FUT plus FUE) and day 2 from the beard. Your beard donor area ( below jawline) can not give more than 1200 to 1400 grafts as you have scanty hair or less density as you can see gaps. 

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

You need to carefully consider how you’ll look in 10-15-20 years and not just the next few years before you get another transplant.There’s a very real chance you would end up a NW6 or even 7 given your baseline now at 30 without meds.  Potentially any transplanted hairs taken from outside the safe zone are still at risk, and naturally your native hair will continue to regress.

Given your age and aggressive nature of hairloss medication is a must.

On 8/2/2023 at 11:52 PM, Hair_hunter said:

Any other good recommend clinics, that I can advice with? 

Eugenix just gave me an offer, and they are willing to take just around 200-500 beard hairs. 

Beside of that they are saying they will commit to results only if I will take finastride. 

IMG-20230802-WA0101.jpg

IMG-20230802-WA0100.jpg

Seems like a pretty good conservative approach from Eugenix. I personally think that between 3000-3500 grafts would be enough for you to give you good coverage. Moreover, Eugenix manages/ uses the donor with perfection. It'll not look over harvested after the extraction. 

Regarding the importance of medicine,  In your case, even if you switch completely on tropical fin and minox It would still be beneficial rather than using nothing at all. 

Hey guys, I have discussed with Eugenix once again, and wanted to get from them a new offer that Will be foucous more on beard hair, so If I will need a 3 operation, I will  still have a doner area. 

" 

Your pictures have been evaluated by our doctors. Their assessment is mentioned below:

The marked area could Require: 3200

Proposed Harvest from Scalp: 2000

Proposed Harvest from Beard: 1200

*Donor Farming (Optional)*

Total Grafts require: 1500 (Donor Farming)

Proposed Harvest from Beard: 1500"

What do you think about the new offer? 

It is recomanded to make a doner farming? 

It will not be harder to make a 3rd transplant after this operation (becouse of the confusion of natural hair and transplant hair in the doner area) 

IMG-20230804-WA0014.jpg

1500 to the crown, in that above pic, will offer light-ish density. Is that correct/what you're going for?

The #'s above for crown and mid seem to both offer to help but not provide full density, is this being done with a 3rd HT certain?

Man I hate to see you move forward knowing meds won't be part of your regimen going forward, I think you may really regret it later down the line when nature continues to run it's course.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 10:48 PM, jfally said:

1500 to the crown, in that above pic, will offer light-ish density. Is that correct/what you're going for?

The #'s above for crown and mid seem to both offer to help but not provide full density, is this being done with a 3rd HT certain?

Man I hate to see you move forward knowing meds won't be part of your regimen going forward, I think you may really regret it later down the line when nature continues to run it's course.

For your opinion, what will be the optimal follicles quantity for those areas? 

Do you know other solution that isn't Finastride? 

59 minutes ago, GangB said:

There are very good doctors from belgium and switzerland.

Is there a reason why I should not go to the doctor who performed the first operation?

I am looking for some doctors that are really good with implement beard grafts on top of the head, and as far as I understand, not all of the "good" doctors out the are specialize in it