Beard Shadow Area Darkened after Grafts Harvesting from Beard ?

I am close to a month old now after having my last procedure done and had some Beard Grafts harvested from the Shadow Area of the beard around my chin. I did my first shave just after 25 days of the procedure.

And I have been noticing that area from where the beard grafts were harvested has Darkened has become hyperpigmented. I would appreciate if any of the Hair Transplant Surgeons here can answer this ? will this darkening hyperpigmentation of the skin lighten over a period of time ? is there anything that I can do to lighten it a faster ? Most likely it is because of the trauma caused to that skin area. But what if iit s permanent ?

I am of an Indian Origin with Light Brown Skin if that matters ?

Edited by augustya

Did you use sun screen to cover the area when you go out? I remembered when I have to remove Sth on my face. The dermatologist told me to dont get exposed to sun for sometime. 

You can ask your surgeon what you can do now. Please let us know. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Pelange said:

Did you use sun screen to cover the area when you go out? I remembered when I have to remove Sth on my face. The dermatologist told me to dont get exposed to sun for sometime. 

You can ask your surgeon what you can do now. Please let us know. Thanks.

Since the procedure I have been mostly indoors. My Life and other chores that I do, Do not require me to go out in the sun.

So I am pretty sure it has not happened because of going into the Sun.

Edited by augustya

• Moderators

I had several sessions of beard grafts taken from under my chin area, I always get a bit of redness that slowly fades over a couple of months. After the first week or two post HT it's not really noticeable to most people, but if you look for it and are in a certain light it can be seen. However as I said, that slight redness fades out completely, at least on myself, after a couple of months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

If you can post a picture or two we can get a better idea of how bad it is (or isn't) and if it's on the same level as I and some others have gone through with beard grafts.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.