Hair transplant at Bosley

Hi everyone I got a hair transplant at Bosley, and then went onto Reddit and here for more post op advice as well as just reading.  I now see the very negative sentiment about Bosley and am worried about how my results will pan out.  Are there any indications of a poor surgery that I should look out for.  And do most Bosley surgeries turn out poorly.  And what would a poor surgery look like?  Thanks for any advice or comments 

33BFE751-E86A-47C5-ABC6-7173B0583C12.jpeg

E4D8B3FF-5786-46D8-916A-D5A934D6CA90.jpeg

FA97E522-7AEE-45EC-89B1-88E38D38AE70.jpeg

At this point I would not worry too much as stressing out is not good. i think you need to wait patiently for 4-5 months and follow the post-transplant protocols. What's the number of grafts used? If the graft count used is not very large, then you are on the safe side. From pics the density is not that high which may not be a bad thing as you will have scope of improvement if this doesn't work out well.

Are you currently taking hair loss medication? Have they advised this to prevent further thinning? 

Large hair transplant chains have always been questionable as it's hard to know who the Drs are and their portfolios. Often the newbie Drs employed or hair loss advisory staff show before and afters from Drs who have long gone. The chains often have large overheads and high staff turnover with many just going to learn the ropes before going solo. 

Edited by HairFunk

Bosley is a very low tier chain clinic and is unfortunately synonymous with poor/under whelming results.

From the pics you posted all I can really see is poor density where the grafts have been implanted. If you have more pre and post op pics it would be helpful.

To be honest what’s likely going to happen is some growth but not enough to make any visual difference. It’s likely they haven’t over harvested and you will still have a good donor area for future use.

I can’t stress enough how important it is to research heavily if you choose to have another hair transplant at a later date.

For now all you can do is wait and see how it grows out. 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@Squid3456 Whats done is done and you can't undo it and don't stress out as it would do more bad than good...from those pics it seems as if the density is low though that's a good thing for you as if this doesn't go well than you will have less grafts wasted and you can use them in future if you need it..so just wait for few months and i hope you are on medication to prevent further hairloss ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

At most all you can do is pray that the grafts implanted wont grow out badly angled and that your donor is not overharvested. 

It looks like not enough grafts were implanted to make any aesthetic difference, not really anything to move the needle. 

So at very best case - you hopefully are not botched and I guess for your 2nd procedure there will be some groundwork already done.

But yea don't really expect anything significant at all with this HT...

4 hours ago, jfally said:

Details on your procedure

Graft count?

Px history?

FUE.  ~1,700 grafts.  A few hundred on hairline.  The rest sort of throughout my head.  Have been thinning for the last 5 years.  Have been on fin for a little over a year

4 hours ago, BRITA-XL said:

Bosley is a very low tier chain clinic and is unfortunately synonymous with poor/under whelming results.

From the pics you posted all I can really see is poor density where the grafts have been implanted. If you have more pre and post op pics it would be helpful.

To be honest what’s likely going to happen is some growth but not enough to make any visual difference. It’s likely they haven’t over harvested and you will still have a good donor area for future use.

I can’t stress enough how important it is to research heavily if you choose to have another hair transplant at a later date.

For now all you can do is wait and see how it grows out. 

168BBC5F-C677-4282-8BE2-C76CAAF8ABEB.jpeg

3F440AD6-AADE-45A2-BF8C-2017F6967C95.jpeg

8C8A69B5-5CBD-4F89-9247-AB1D05798F9C.jpeg

1 minute ago, Squid3456 said:

FUE.  ~1,700 grafts.  A few hundred on hairline.  The rest sort of throughout my head.  Have been thinning for the last 5 years.  Have been on fin for a little over a year

Fin for a year + is great news man.

Highly encourage you to consider Minoxidil, it really may help beef up some of that thinning native hair.

I'd agree with others that what we can see dispersed mid/rear/crown is likely going to be negligible visually, but the great news of them having them done so little back there is your donor should still have a decent amount left. That said, we don't know your donor situation.

How's it look and what did they tell you about your donor for this procedure and for future procedures?

If this were me, I'd hop on Min (ideally Oral if tolerated) and start researching very game surgeons for diffuse thinners if goal was a 2nd HT done the best way possible.

-

My fear for 1700 spread between hairline and then all the way back is that by trying to spread a little everywhere, they did no real justice to any of the areas.

If you click my name and check out my surgery report post, you can see what almost 3k grafts all to my crown looked like density-wise.

Granted my crown bald spot was much barer and larger than yours, but the visual + #'s for reference may be helpful. 

8 minutes ago, jfally said:

If you click my name and check out my surgery report post, you can see what almost 3k grafts all to my crown looked like density-wise.

Granted my crown bald spot was much barer and larger than yours, but the visual + #'s for reference may be helpful. 

Makes a lot of sense thanks for the reply.  Do scabs necessarily mean grafts in that area.  Also posted some before pics and would love your input (above) 😀