I've read many different things when it's safe to dye your hair post fue from 4 weeks to three months. Once again i am curious what people recommend from there expeirences. My surgeon said 4 weeks. But i still like to hear other peoples opinions.

thanks again,

James O

• Valued Contributor

@jamesosterberg i don't think you should do it so early because scalp takes time to recover and there can be a chance of infection though if your your scalp healed up completely and your doctor told you that its fine than you should at least look at some natural hair dyes which are chemical and amonia free....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Thank you for your answers. I will definitely hold out longer than 4 weeks. 3 months will be tough but I hope my vanity can make it that long. It's obviously worth it the long run. It's amazing how many simple questions i find myself having post fue and how difficult it is not to question each one. For example i would never go in the sun without wearing a hat. Even for a minute. But then i wonder is it safe to put sun screen on one's head - with a hat just to be extra safe. Since i play tennis. I actually would prefer to wear sunscreen under my hat. But i'm terrified of even doing that. Which sun screen? it never ends .....

thank you

20 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@jamesosterberg i don't think you should do it so early because scalp takes time to recover and there can be a chance of infection though if your your scalp healed up completely and your doctor told you that its fine than you should at least look at some natural hair dyes which are chemical and amonia free....

Some dyes contain peroxide which is also toxic on the scalp and hair.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, gillenator said:

Some dyes contain peroxide which is also toxic on the scalp and hair.

Yeh that's why i said you should not do this so early as scalp takes time to heal completely and there are chemicals which can cause irritation to scalp....😊

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 7/21/2023 at 3:28 AM, A_4_Archan said:

Yeh that's why i said you should not do this so early as scalp takes time to heal completely and there are chemicals which can cause irritation to scalp....😊

Totally agree.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY