Made appointment with HLC, but now wanting to go with Fuecapilar Dr. Turan/Gur, please help me make a major decision.

Hello everyone,

My story: 32 year old male, started balding age 21, have been on oral fin 1mg and Topical Minoxidil for 11 years now, never thought I would get a hair transplant but here I am. I finally wanted to fix my receding hairline and very slight thin area on my crown.  I'm a Norwood 2v.

Anyway,

I have made an appointment with HLC Ankara a few weeks ago, $1000 payment made for appointment date, but I'm having second thoughts for a few reasons after FUECapilar reached out to me a week later. 

My first and foremost reason is after getting my consult with Fuecapilar, I noticed they are more in depth with initial evaluation, they wanted way more pictures than HLC, and they wanted videos of me combing through my donor hair. This gave me peace of mind and tells me that they are more ethical and thorough when it comes to choosing a potential patient. HLC Ankara wanted a few standard pictures, and they failed to point out that my crown was a bit thin.

Also, what I didn't like about HLC, is they wanted 3 euros per graft, and they never mentioned "shaved" option in email, a user from another forum told me, they offered shaved head, to make the price 2.7 euro, this was a no brainer for me. My impression then was they were going to charge me, 3 euros for a shaved FUE procedure anyway, which I found fishy. I immediately emailed them and they suddenly said they will do 2.7 euro shaved. I did not like that this was not offered immediately, and I felt they were trying to screw me.

Moving on, costs, costs, costs, I would almost  save $3,000 USD by going with FUECapilar. I would even money with flights as well, since I won't be going to Ankara, but instead straight to Istanbul, which also would make travel easier.

My other reason for having second thoughts with HLC is that I don't hear much about them anymore on forums, I enjoy seeing recent results. Even their youtube page is outdated with results. And I understand they are considered "elite", but I've heard they had some terrible results (seen a few on this forum)  I'm just hearing they aren't that great anymore. Then again, every clinic is going to have a few terrible results out of many great ones, but I've yet to come across bad results from Dr. Tur and Gur.  And it seems the last results I could find for HLC on this forum is all from 2022, making me think people are no longer seeing it as a viable option. I also don't see them recommended list for this website anymore, that and you don't know which surgeon you're getting.

So, do I stay with HLC? If not, do I choose Dr. Turan or Dr. Gur? 

HLC quoted me 1500-2000 for hairline and whopping 1000 for crown. Price estimate: 6800 euro's  FUE

Dr. Turan quoted me 1500-2000 for hairline and 200-250 for crown 3250 euro DHI

Dr. Gur quoted me 1300-1700 for hairline and 200-300 for crown. (only VIP package available for the date I want) 3000 euro FUE

Also, is it true DHI is different from FUE??? I heard DHI is able to make hairline thicker.

(I would also save about $400 dollars for the flight if I go straight Istanbul.) 

My ultimate goal is to restore my hairline. 

I'll add pictures shortly. 

PHOTO-2023-07-12-11-40-41.jpg

PHOTO-2023-07-12-11-40-40.jpg

PHOTO-2023-07-13-13-13-09.jpg

PHOTO-2023-07-12-11-40-39.jpg

Edited by baldingbosnian
pictures.

• Valued Contributor

@baldingbosnian HLC is a good clinic and they are still doing good work and has their name in this industry but the negative thing about them is that you don't know who will operate on you as there are multiple doctors out there....but still they has so many good results to show off their good work...

Dr turan and dr gur both are good options as well and imo they are almost similar at skills so it depends on your personal choice ...look at results of both of them ..look them side by side and see whose results suits your eye...some people like turan some like gur...even i get confused when someone ask me to pick one from them..sometimes i do feel that dr gur's hairline is better and he uses less grafts comparatively but he is conservative so do keep that in mind...

Your were looking at HLC so it means you can afford around 3 euros so i would say you can also consider dr pekiner who is around 2.75 euros and dr de freitas who is around 3.5 euros and both are exceptional when it comes to hairlines and that's why i am just asking you to think about them...actually you just need hairline work so you will not require lot of grafts and you can try to manage your budget...it will be worth spending extras for sure...i hope this helps you ...best of luck ...

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023