4500 DHI hair transplant Serkan Aygin 7/23

On the contrary - I think you're recovering well.

The redness is significantly reduced in both donor and recipient areas and hair has started to grow on the previously bare areas on the side of your head.

Give it another week and I predict it'll look much better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

@SaulGood

Everything is looking normal and it is looking as it should be at 1 month post op...you can use nizoral shampoo from now on though you may ask this to your surgeon...happy growing and keep updating ...

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jjalay said:

With your level of hairloss you should consider a strip surgery first. Wish you good recovery though.

I am not familiar with that method, and wasn’t offered it.

is my hair loss that bad? 

5 minutes ago, SaulGood said:

I am not familiar with that method, and wasn’t offered it.

is my hair loss that bad? 

Well you are a NWV and you needed at least 5000 grafts to get good coverage. The problem is that taking so many grafts with fue, it will leave your donor area thinned out as it looks now. Check out some cases of strip or FUT from Hasson and wong in this forum in order to understand what i mean.

10 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Well you are a NWV and you needed at least 5000 grafts to get good coverage. The problem is that taking so many grafts with fue, it will leave your donor area thinned out as it looks now. Check out some cases of strip or FUT from Hasson and wong in this forum in order to understand what i mean.

I understand now. Thank you very much 🙏🏾 I hope my donor can bounce from this 🥲

10 minutes ago, jjalay said:

I don't agree. You're not long after surgery and your donor still has plenty of time to recover. There are plenty of examples of people with Norwood 5 who have 5k plus procedures without noticeable thinning of the donor.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SaulGood said:

I am also taking min and fin for the last 30 days (for the first time in my life).

I hope it helps the growth and recovery, maybe it’s too soon to get some results

Medication will definately help. The best thing that you can do right now is stay on medication, try not to stress out and forget a little bit about the hairtransplant. You can re assess after 6 months.

15 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I don't agree. You're not long after surgery and your donor still has plenty of time to recover. There are plenty of examples of people with Norwood 5 who have 5k plus procedures without noticeable thinning of the donor.

Yes but there are not as many. Most people have an average donor area with 4000 maximum grafts per fue. With FUT you can extract more and still have the possibility to do a second procedure with fue afterwards.

1 hour ago, jjalay said:

Yes but there are not as many. Most people have an average donor area with 4000 maximum grafts per fue. With FUT you can extract more and still have the possibility to do a second procedure with fue afterwards.

There are certainly more grafts through a fut/FUE combo, or at least that was the traditional view, which the likes of pittella and Zarev seem to continually seek to disprove.

I'd say most have far more than 4k donor capacity. 

14 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

There are certainly more grafts through a fut/FUE combo, or at least that was the traditional view, which the likes of pittella and Zarev seem to continually seek to disprove.

I'd say most have far more than 4k donor capacity. 

I can only tell you what i would do. Even if a doctor would tell me that i have 5000 grafts available per fue, i would proceed with a strip if i needed 5000 grafts.

It is important that your donor area looks healthy and thick after a hair transplant too. Plus the amount of scaring that you get after 5000 grafts per fue, if you think about it is much bigger in compare to strip.

14 hours ago, jjalay said:

l’area donatrice resterà assottigliata come appare ora.

After only two months you cannot say that the donor area will remain as thin as it is now, it will heal, you have to give it a few more months of time. Serkan is a hairmill, but I see many cases of guys operated on in his clinic with excellent results, on other forums and I have also seen them in person.

DAY 57

I might be delusional, But it looks like progress on the crown area.

it might be due to the fact I am taking fin and min for the first time in my life, and not the hair transplant itself.

in any way I am glad to see some progress 

photo was taken under light and after applying minoxidil 

2D6A1E4F-EBCC-443A-8D67-316F1423DF8F.jpeg

Edited by SaulGood

On 7/17/2023 at 6:02 AM, ITA said:

Serkan's clinic is one of the best hair mills in Turkey, you played Russian roulette, hope to win. 🙏

When you lose in Russain Roulette you die, whats the worst cause we seen with Dr Serkhan clinic. 

33 minutes ago, Jayhair said:

@SaulGood Was it a DHI or FUE- am in consultation with DR Serkan's team now. When you said youngsters on the team- what age are you referring to and what was their role

Ignore 1st part of Question just saw Dr Serkan on subject then started reading your case

4 hours ago, Jayhair said:

Quando perdi alla Russain Roulette muori, qual è la causa peggiore che abbiamo visto con la clinica del dottor Serkhan. 

did you understand that it's a metaphor? You don't risk dying, but you risk having to look for another repair transplant if it goes wrong, you could end up with an overharvested donor area or with double or triple hairlines, this is what I meant when I said "if you lose at Russian roulette". Do you understand it now?

Then you call him a doctor, are you sure he is? He certainly won't operate on you. Good luck

I understood the metaphor, hence i said in Russian Roulette you would die if it went wrong, so I wanted to know what is the Russian Roulette (worst case scenarios seen for bad transplant ) at Dr Serkan.

How easy is it to over harvest, don't the technician just follow how much hair to extract through the initial consultation/scans. Like cooking isn't there a recipe to say add this much ingredient cook in this much heat and for this long in the oven.