Scratched and have a loose Scab on Day 7 Post HT ? What to make out of it ?

HI Guys,

Getting some anxious, jittery moments, Have just finished day 7 on my HT Procedure, Might have accidentally scratched on my temple area where some grafts were used. Later just to make sure everything is alright rolled and tapped my finger on 2 grafts I think the brown scab has rolled in and got folded is hanging loose now. Freaking out !! I hope I have not lost the graft. No Bleeding or anything just a loose scab now.

Any Inputs will surely calm me down :-)

• Valued Contributor

@augustyaNo bleeding so you haven't lost it and after 7 days they would be secured and cant get dislodged easily ...and 2 grafts don't make any difference and there are many grafts which don't grow as well..evrythn implanted don't grow...so chill..😊

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Yes but 2 grafts in temple areas is what matters, because those were fine singles hair used so it does make a visual difference IMHO. But yes I would agree with you after 7 days Grafts would be secured and it would require surgical intervention to remove it is what I have read and heard here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatPretender said:

After 7 days you're in the clear. Doesn't really matter if you bleed or not. It should be fine. 

Also the photo that I have posted does that not say anything ?

20 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

After 7 days you're in the clear. Doesn't really matter if you bleed or not. It should be fine. 

But still the HT Industry is divided on by when the Hair Grafts secure some say 7 days some 10 days and some 2 weeks. And on top of that every clinic has it own protocols. So very difficult to say by when the grafts are secure ?

Edited by augustya

8 minutes ago, augustya said:

But still the HT Industry is divided on by when the Hair Grafts secure some say 7 days some 10 days and some 2 weeks. And on top of that every clinic has it own protocols. So very difficult to say by when the grafts are secure ?

Simple answer is the best one. If it's after 7 days then it's fine. 

Try not to stress about it too much. Trust me, it doesn't help. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

The scabs along with the hairs are all supposed to start coming off at this point. You are fine.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

For a small scab that size, the natural healing process is about a week, so light pressure would be enough to remove it. Assuming you didn't apply extreme pressure when scratching your head, I'm sure the scab came off without the graft attached. Whether or not you agree that grafts are fully anchored by day 7, rest assured that they are anchored enough that only intense pressure would remove them at this point.

Also, to look at it another way, you don't want those scabs on your head longer than necessary. You want the skin to return to normal so the grafts can heal in peace, so to speak. Scabbed skin isn't great for that.

3 minutes ago, Matt434 said:

For a small scab that size, the natural healing process is about a week, so light pressure would be enough to remove it. Assuming you didn't apply extreme pressure when scratching your head, I'm sure the scab came off without the graft attached. Whether or not you agree that grafts are fully anchored by day 7, rest assured that they are anchored enough that only intense pressure would remove them at this point.

Also, to look at it another way, you don't want those scabs on your head longer than necessary. You want the skin to return to normal so the grafts can heal in peace, so to speak. Scabbed skin isn't great for that.

What could have been the sign that the graft came off along with the scab ? Only the Hair or the Bulb along with the hair or what ?