Density concern

I'm at 3 months post op 2500 grafts starting to get concerned about density. I'm not sure if I should expect more in the upcoming months or the 2500 weren't enough for good coverage 

Prior to HT

20230325_070102.thumb.jpg.725b44ec4eb2468301d5762e866d177d.jpg

20230325_160155.thumb.jpg.a8f58789a02f1f5ce1c0d86b588995c7.jpg

At 3 months 

20230628_180028.thumb.jpg.612974639ffef54ab14b2c16a499543b.jpg

Just looking to get some input to see if something went wrong or I just need to give it more time 

@RecycleBin,

I know, waiting for the newly transplanted hairs grow and can be very daunting and cause great anxiety. But the truth is, most people don’t even start seeing any signs of new growth until between three and five months post transplant. You’re not at any stage to start worrying about density. Instead, you should be starting to notice new signs of growth in the coming days. The signs will come in the form of evidence signs of stubble, being able to feel new hair, breaking through the scalp, even though you can’t see it yet, etc.

I recommend talking to your doctor and doing some research on hair, transplant, growth, timelines, and what to expect and when.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Yes, three months is too early, but 2500 grafts to cover the receiving area, they seem to me to be few, so whoever did the transplant had to graft to a not very high density. What did the clinic tell you? That you should come back to recharge after 9/12 months or did they tell you that you would have a great result?

Appreciate the input I'll try to keep my mind off it and give it more time before making a judgment. Pre-surgery me and the doctor agreed to only focus on the front half and not the crown so not expecting a full set of hair but hoping for decent density on the front. Topical dutasteride also seems to be doing pretty good job on the crown giving me at least some regrowth. 

• Valued Contributor

Its early days to judge about density.....its a long waiting game my friend so don't worry about that at this stage...plus you have to keep your expectations in check due to the number of grafts used for the given area...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023