Thoughts Needed on Selecting a Cheaper Option Now

To make a long story short, my hair loss pattern is mainly in the frontal and mid scalp, but my hairline and crown are still fine. I’ve reached the point where I know I want to get surgery but now I have the debate of going with the cheaper vs pricier option. I’ve done my research on surgeons and narrowed it down to a few. The cheaper option is around $2.50 and the priciest is $3.80 per graft. Of course, the difference in the price is based on the surgeons quality of work and experience. 

Now, given that I will only be implanting in the front and mid scalp, the surgeons artistic skills won’t matter as much, right? Artistry really only comes into play along the hair line? If this is the case, then should I just go with the cheaper option and fill in my recipient area to save my wallet? Price isn’t really a concern, but who likes to overpay right? I know that growth rate and over harvesting donor areas are a factor but I think the cheaper surgeon does a good job at both of those as well. Of course, if I need to do further work on my hairline in the future, I could go with the more expensive surgeon who does a better job at creating a natural look. 

Thoughts? 

I’d rather not mention their names yet since I’m still speaking with both. The comparison is basically the difference between good vs great work on my mid scalp. 

• Valued Contributor

@Fabio Its wrong perception that an artistry is only needed for hairline work....and if you think that the cheaper option ticks all the checkbox than go for him...and i understand you didn't choose your doctor yet but what is the logic behind not naming him? I didn't get that? If you reveal names than there will be people over here who might have gone with the particular surgeon and can give you the feedback and this community has seen so many results from a wide range of doctors and evryone can suggest you from their experiences...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Thanks for your thoughts. What other factors have I not considered?

Regarding the surgeons, I’d rather keep it private since they do read here as well. I’d prefer unbiased opinions. Knowing who they are is irrelevant to the topic since the question is based on how to approach surgery given my situation. Having said that, both are well documented in this forum and have great reviews.