Should I get a hair transplant or no?

Hello guys! 

I decided a month ago that i want to preform a hair transplant. Since than i spoke with at least 15 clinics in Turkey and other countries in Europe and i am so confused! 
 50 precent of them tells me not to do hair transplant because my donor area is weak and thin + i am only 26 years old. 
the other 50 % claims that I can perform but they wont be able to take max up to 3500 and i must take finasteride ( thats i am fine with)

What should i do ? 

some of the clinic the told me not to - 

HLC

HDC

BHR

AHD 

Some of the clinic that told me yes -

Dr Bicar 

Dr Civas

Hair Medico

DRT

Adding here my donor area and front

ee124c93-29e6-41ab-b83a-3a7b5d1a4978.jpeg

IMG_5930.jpeg

5693c7ef-60ba-4af9-aee3-70b96207b5c1.jpeg

bdc0b978-0986-4628-bbbc-766c028dd664.jpeg

If there were multiple doctors/clinics that advised you that your donor was weak, are they saying they noticed that your donor hair shows diffuse loss? (meaning your donor is DHT receptive)  OR, did they simply mean that your donor density is too low? (the pics show otherwise).

Also, when you have advice from over a dozen clinics, yes that will be confusing…🫨

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi, you should give a trial to Fin + minoxidil for 4 to 6 months and compare improvement with before and after phhhotos. If you see any improvement then continue the same treatment otherwise think about covering the frontal zones of hair thinning. As you have thinning of hair , still strong chances to regrow  with medicines, PRP, and low level laser therapy. 

• Thanks 1

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

@YesorNo,

Well it’s not surprising that you are confused because you’re talking to so many different doctors with varying philosophies, experience and skill. All of them probably have a different thought on how to tackle your hair loss and hair restoration treatment plan, if they even feel that you are a candidate.

in all honesty, sometimes less is more. Now, I do suggest that you do a lot of research. But I don’t suggest that you consult every doctor you come across.

Most of your beginning work should be spent online learning about the procedure, reading patient reviews, getting involved in discussion, asking your own questions and learning about who the best doctors in the industry are.

Then, once you finally feel you have a handle on how the procedure works, you feel that you have a good grasp of the advantages, disadvantages, benefits and limitations associated with surgery and you have learned what separates the best doctors from the rest, it’s then time to narrow your physician selection down to about 3 to 5 doctors and then start consulting.

I’m going to tell you now, with all of the confusion you’re feeling, coming to the forum and then asking for everybody’s opinion on whether or not they think you’re a candidate when we don’t have enough information to make that call, nor are we doctors… might confuse you further.

Below, I’m going to present some information on how to start your research, narrow your surgeon selection down and then ultimately how to select the best surgeon for you, assuming that you are a good candidate.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

How to Select an outstanding hair transplant surgeon. 

—-

1.  Start by looking at the surgeons recommended by this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended by this community have met a demanding set of standards and are approved based on meeting those high standards.  Many online hair surgeon memberships don’t have any criteria other than to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met an even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst a list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with. Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than because of cost or location.

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum and others to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and their patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. Come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I’ve created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help coming up with a list of good questions, please let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

@AhmadChaudhry What he said. I'd first get on medications for a year and then decide whether to move forward. 

Also, I don't recognize the salad of acronyms that you have listed. Are any of these clinics vouched for by this forum? 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella