should I shave my head or leave it as is?

I’m a 27 y/o M who has been on fin/min since age 22, when I first noticed my hair loss. After 5 years of slowing it down, it’s finally catching up to me because I’m starting to notice diffuse thinning in the front (see photo) and the temples are continuing to recede. 

my question is whether you all think I should shave my head to a buzz cut or even a complete shave, or leave it as is? Nobody has commented on my hair loss so far, so I’m guessing it’s not noticeable to others…yet. So if I don’t have to shave it, I’ll avoid it as long as it looks fine. This current hair length is what I’ve had for my whole life, so I don’t know how I’d look with a buzz cut. 

Also, am I a good candidate for a hair transplant? I’ve submitted requests for consultations with a few doctors in my area but am waiting to hear back. What do you all think? Thanks

F69FD5E7-27DD-4193-BC2B-D90D74464221.jpeg

0CDFF09A-64C9-4D2F-8943-E546D8E3EE3A.jpeg

5B304030-08BB-4D7A-878F-1F5419D3B611.jpeg

37C20D34-A4A5-4722-BDC5-213F1A5656D3.jpeg

82CB71E3-DFE0-448A-9E51-754FD62CCBEA.jpeg

0AB28C10-EB4B-4045-897A-1B208766B3CC.jpeg

278A5D8F-DFC4-4574-BA75-2F04FE0B1EA2.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Yeh its thinning and pics always don't justify the real situation and its only you who can see how things exactly are..you can try out oral minoxidil and adding dutasteride once a week or may be complete switch to dutasteride after consulting a good doctor ...you have continued use of finasteride for so long so i would assume you tolerate it well and thats why you can try dutasteride now after your consultations....some doctors are also doing dutasteride mesotherapy and achieving good results in some patients...all the medication and non surgical therapies works well with diffused thinner as they have lot many hairs on head like yours...you can be a good candidate for that...when you have so many hairs on head and when you are a diffused thinner the surgery gets tricky so imo leave that things for a later stage and try other things out...plus you can use hair fibres for instant solution and style you hair with chemical free volumizing powder which will give your hair more texture and body to make it look more fuller ..i hope this helps you ...best of luck 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023