Different Hairlines? Pro´s and Contra´s?

what are your favourites? are you satisfied with your hairline? if you could, would you choose a different hairline?

have add a photo. please another examples.

tanks.

inCollage_20210219_211414665~2.png

Edited by Met

• Moderators

If I had to pick from the 6 you posted, I'd prefer #1, but none of them are really what I'd be going for if I was just starting out.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor

@Met It would be better if you show the final result of them showing hairlines than it would be easy to choose as you know how it would turn out to be...from the implantation we don't know how it would turn out to be ..bt from all of them 1st one is of de freitas and his hairlines mostly turn out to be good ones when fully grown...and the 5th one i guess may be keser and 3rd one may be pekiner and 4th can be h&w...jst making wild guesses 😅

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

54 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Met It would be better if you show the final result of them showing hairlines than it would be easy to choose as you know how it would turn out to be...from the implantation we don't know how it would turn out to be ..bt from all of them 1st one is of de freitas and his hairlines mostly turn out to be good ones when fully grown...and the 5th one i guess may be keser and 3rd one may be pekiner and 4th can be h&w...jst making wild guesses 😅

I just like the way De Freitas kind of does the staggered rounded hairlines in the typical zig zag pattern. It looks great on wavy hair to be honest and even better if you plan for longer hairstyles since it conceals much better the weak spots by carefully blending the grafts within native hair. I really don't mind the rows so long as the hair is dense enough to grow down to shoulder length since I don't intend to keep them short.

This is just my view obviously which is why I went with him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Met said:

what are your favourites? are you satisfied with your hairline? if you could, would you choose a different hairline?

have add a photo. please another examples.

tanks.

inCollage_20210219_211414665~2.png

Is 4 Pittella? Who is 2, 3, 5? I personally like 3

Edited by HairEnthusiast101

6 hours ago, Turkhair said:

None.

I want hairlines to be straighter and all you posted are of the mature receded balding type. 

Everyone wants that but it doesn’t look natural at 30+. How many 40 year olds do you see with nw0? It would look weird to be honest if you see it a lot. I think of Henry cavill his almost nw2.5-3 and it frames his face perfectly. 

23 minutes ago, HairEnthusiast101 said:

Everyone wants that but it doesn’t look natural at 30+. How many 40 year olds do you see with nw0? It would look weird to be honest if you see it. I think of Henry cavill his almost nw2.5-3 and it frames his face perfectly. 

people like jared leto (or even extremer ronald reagan) dont and didnt look weird even with no signs of receeding

however we have to make compromises because donor hair is limited and should rather be used for density at one point imho since the aesthetical marginal benefit really decreases after you have a norwood 2 hairline

3 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

people like jared leto (or even extremer ronald reagan) dont and didnt look weird even with no signs of receeding

however we have to make compromises because donor hair is limited and should rather be used for density at one point imho since the aesthetical marginal benefit really decreases after you have a norwood 2 hairline

Of course it exists but it isn’t common. Reagan is a massive outlier to the standard. But the biggest issue is donor capacity and if you ruin your donor capacity chasing a nw0 then you will look really weird having no hair in your crown. Nw0 looks great but so can nw1, nw2, etc if you style it right 

2 hours ago, HairEnthusiast101 said:

Everyone wants that but it doesn’t look natural at 30+. How many 40 year olds do you see with nw0? It would look weird to be honest if you see it. I think of Henry cavill his almost nw2.5-3 and it frames his face perfectly. 

This is a gigantic lie and I don’t know who propagated it and then it became acceptable.

My father is a NW0 and it doesn’t look unnatural. My uncle is NW0. My relatives have NW0s. 

What looks unnatural and super ugly is balding and bald people. The receded hairline looks ugly and unnatural. 

Sorry to say but this is just your cope mechanism, this is how you’re coping with the fact you will never be able to have what non-bald have.

There is a guy in this forum who lowered his hairline even further despite not suffering any  MPB and he looks fantastic.

What you’re saying is akin to saying being slim and fit looks unnatural in old age. No?!! What looks good in teens look good in old age too.

Brad Pitt looks better than many young people in their 30s, it’s all due to his perfectly straight hairline. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

This is a gigantic lie and I don’t know who propagated it and then it became acceptable.

My father is a NW0 and it doesn’t look unnatural. My uncle is NW0. My relatives have NW0s. 

What looks unnatural and super ugly is balding and bald people. The receded hairline looks ugly and unnatural. 

Sorry to say but this is just your cope mechanism, this is how you’re coping with the fact you will never be able to have what non-bald have.

There is a guy in this forum who lowered his hairline even further despite not suffering any  MPB and he looks fantastic.

What you’re saying is akin to saying being slim and fit looks unnatural in old age. No?!! What looks good in teens look good in old age too.

Brad Pitt looks better than many young people in their 30s, it’s all due to his perfectly straight hairline. 

1. I think you and me both know Brad pitts attraction doesn’t have “all” to do with his nw0.

2. Slim and fit and balding are two different things. Staying healthy is vital to everyone. There are many people on this forum that are bald or balding that are slim and fit. They didn’t ask for balding genes. You don’t need hair to be successful/healthy. But taking care of your health is important. Not one place did I say that slim and fit is unattractive you just wanted to use that as one of your points to look smart or something. Some people don’t like wrinkles so they get Botox. As a teen they didn’t have wrinkles so at 75 I shouldn’t have wrinkles. Based off your idea that person wouldn’t look strange. What looked good in your teens does not necessarily look natural or normal in your later years.
3. Yes the guy does look fantastic by lowering his hairline but you commented “I want a straight hairline and all those hairlines are balding hairlines.” Assuming you have hair loss(which that member did not) it would be dumb to chase a nw0 if you only have so many grafts to give. You would look rather strange with a nw0 but hair loss in your crown. 
4. It isn’t a coping mechanism. Imo many dudes have Norwood patterns greater than nw0 and pull off the look. Henry Cavill was my example. And I don’t view hair as more important than anything else like you. I have a good head of hair. Many people on this forum do. Of course we’d love maybe a lower hairline or a more dense look but it isn’t a necessity in my life. Mainly because I have confidence in myself and my look and it hasn’t stopped me from anything in my life. There are people with nw0 that have no confidence and no drive. I’d much rather have those things than a nw0. 
5. I don’t think hair loss or bald people are “super ugly” at all. You’d be calling most men that including yourself. That is a very close minded thing to say. Of course some would love hair but saying they are “all” ugly is rather ignorant. This just goes back to you viewing hair as the most important thing. And even though it may give someone more confidence in their appearance it will not make you rich or smart or anything that you don’t already have. Just because you like it and grew up seeing it doesn’t make other styles of hair unattractive. Dr Feriduni has built many hairlines that are not nw0 and I would say all of them look very natural and very good. Natural means it exists and occurs in nature. And nw0 even though it looks good and does exist it isn’t very common. Not many 80 year olds are nw0. And it would look a little weird as I’ve said to see someone 40-50+ with nw0. Does it make them ugly? No. It just doesn’t happen often so it is weird. Not one place did I call nw0 ugly. I said it isn’t natural to see them often. They don’t occur in nature often. So if chasing a nw0 is your goal and you jeopardize grafts by doing so you will think it would’ve been smarter to have a more natural for your age hairline. A nw0 is not natural for a 60 year old. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist it just deviates from the standard of men. I think maybe you don’t know exactly what a nw0 is. It is very rare. I’m sure your relatives have some form of hair loss wether you notice it or not. A nw0 is a juvenile hairline and even people with great hairlines may have had some maturing to their hairline.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, HairEnthusiast101 said:

1. I think you and me both know Brad pitts attraction doesn’t have “all” to do with his nw0.

2. Slim and fit and balding are two different things. Staying healthy is vital to everyone. There are many people on this forum that are bald or balding that are slim and fit. They didn’t ask for balding genes. You don’t need hair to be successful/healthy. But taking care of your health is important. Not one place did I say that slim and fit is unattractive you just wanted to use that as one of your points to look smart or something. Some people don’t like wrinkles so they get Botox. As a teen they didn’t have wrinkles so at 75 I shouldn’t have wrinkles. Based off your idea that person wouldn’t look strange. What looked good in your teens does not necessarily look natural or normal in your later years.
3. Yes the guy does look fantastic by lowering his hairline but you commented “I want a straight hairline and all those hairlines are balding hairlines.” Assuming you have hair loss(which that member did not) it would be dumb to chase a nw0 if you only have so many grafts to give. You would look rather strange with a nw0 but hair loss in your crown. 
4. It isn’t a coping mechanism. Imo many dudes have Norwood patterns greater than nw0 and pull off the look. Henry Cavill was my example. And I don’t view hair as more important than anything else like you. I have a good head of hair. Many people on this forum do. Of course we’d love maybe a lower hairline or a more dense look but it isn’t a necessity in my life. Mainly because I have confidence in myself and my look and it hasn’t stopped me from anything in my life. There are people with nw0 that have no confidence and no drive. I’d much rather have those things than a nw0. 
5. I don’t think hair loss or bald people are “super ugly” at all. You’d be calling most men that including yourself. That is a very close minded thing to say. Of course some would love hair but saying they are “all” ugly is rather ignorant. This just goes back to you viewing hair as the most important thing. And even though it may give someone more confidence in their appearance it will not make you rich or smart or anything that you don’t already have. Just because you like it and grew up seeing it doesn’t make other styles of hair unattractive. Dr Feriduni has built many hairlines that are not nw0 and I would say all of them look very natural and very good. Natural means it exists and occurs in nature. And nw0 even though it looks good and does exist it isn’t very common. Not many 80 year olds are nw0. And it would look a little weird as I’ve said to see someone 40-50+ with nw0. Does it make them ugly? No. It just doesn’t happen often so it is weird. Not one place did I call nw0 ugly. I said it isn’t natural to see them often. They don’t occur in nature often. So if chasing a nw0 is your goal and you jeopardize grafts by doing so you will think it would’ve been smarter to have a more natural for your age hairline. A nw0 is not natural for a 60 year old. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist it just deviates from the standard of men. I think maybe you don’t know exactly what a nw0 is. It is very rare. I’m sure your relatives have some form of hair loss wether you notice it or not. A nw0 is a juvenile hairline and even people with great hairlines may have had some maturing to their hairline.

You make good points 

2 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

You make good points 

Okay fair. I respect your response. And I agree nw0 would be awesome but I don’t want young kids to think that is the only good thing. If you have minimal hair loss and come from a family of NW0s then for sure aim for that. But young men will go to turkey pay 4K and put 5000 grafts up front. What happens if they bald? Norwood 0 is awesome but it is very rare. And the people with it are genetically blessed lol. I’d take it but it just isn’t smart to put so many grafts in that area. But if you like nw0 I am not knocking you for that. It is definitely a great look. I just don’t think bald people are ugly. Because that is totally out of their control. Doesn’t matter what style hair you have as long as you are confident in it. Sorry for coming off mean I just got frustrated with that comment and felt I needed to retract my initial comment on it not looking natural. It is natural it is just rare.

• Administrators

All things equal, pretty much anyone on this forum prefers hair. That said, confidence and aesthetics is more than just hair. 

As for the photos, it’s impossible to say which hairline because it depends on how it looks when it grows out. Can you share those pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

A huge amount depends on caliber of follicles the surgeon chooses. With that in mind, 2, 3, 4 and 6 are fine as long as the right follicles are chosen.

1 and 5 are a bit odd, wouldn't like those. Perhaps the patient had a lack of fine caliber follicles and they needed to have a "geometric" solution to keep things more natural but it's rare to see natural hairlines with that amount of undulation. Probably wouldn't make much difference when they grow out though.

And you forgot one of the most important parts of the design, temple points. Not many surgeons are good at them as the curvature is tough to get right, I can only think of a few names that consistently do good work.

Edited by consequence

If I had to say which one look the best/most natural when having buzzed hair. #3 looks like the most natural and aesthetic choice to me.

#5 sticks out to me as very exaggerated and artificially made. I wonder what that would look like a final result with short hair and long hair. Same goes to #1 but on a much less degree of obvious.

#2 looks very conservative and would make sense for people with higher levels of balding

#6 needs some softening and refinement, the curve in my opinion is a bit unnatural, but probably would still look good with your hair grown out.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022