Favorite 5 Hair Transplant Doctors, 2023 Edition (Including Worst, Overrated, Underrated & Best Value)

Favorite Five HT Doctors*

1) zarev

2) fuegenix

3) hattingen

4) konior

5) pittella

Worst

1) hairmills in turkey

Most Overrated

1) not really overrated but overpriced right now is bicer imho

Most Underrated

1) same price as bicer, but better results (at least posted online) dr espinosa custodio

Best Value

1) dr fares seffen for 1.19 eur per graft

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RTC said:

I've only ever seen two results from him. Am being a bit facetious

😁 If you have the time, Google 'zarev presentation' for videos - the first hit should be a YouTube video which has 14,000 grafts in the title. He covers 3 of his cases. It's truly bonkers.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

34 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

1) zarev

2) fuegenix

3) hattingen

4) konior

5) pittella

Worst

1) hairmills in turkey

Most Overrated

1) not really overrated but overpriced right now is bicer imho

Most Underrated

1) same price as bicer, but better results (at least posted online) dr espinosa custodio

Best Value

1) dr fares seffen for 1.19 eur per graft

I agree with the Espinosa. I’d love to see more immediate post ops from him to see graft placement. He has been great so far though! 

• Valued Contributor

Actually even i get surprised seeing such a high number of grafts extracted from nw7 patient...for extracting 10k grafts patient must have around 25k grafts and obviously those number of existing grafts wouldn't be there on a nw7 donor...though am nt saying its fake but its really surprising....what is such a homogeneous pattern which can take out 10k grafts from say 17-18k grafts and still donor looks good  god knows how he is doing it...only time will tell...and i have seen his video on you tube where he dont use loupes or anythng for extraction as well

I would end up with one tag line which i have stolen from someone whom i consider to be the GOAT

"Don't just count the grafts,but make the grafts count"

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

25 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

Actually even i get surprised seeing such a high number of grafts extracted from nw7 patient...for extracting 10k grafts patient must have around 25k grafts and obviously those number of existing grafts wouldn't be there on a nw7 donor...though am nt saying its fake but its really surprising....what is such a homogeneous pattern which can take out 10k grafts from say 17-18k grafts and still donor looks good  god knows how he is doing it...only time will tell...and i have seen his video on you tube where he dont use loupes or anythng for extraction as well

I would end up with one tag line which i have stolen from someone whom i consider to be the GOAT

"Don't just count the grafts,but make the grafts count"

This. Also what happens if the donor thins with age? Both the recipient and donor will look pretty weird No?

Favorite Five HT Doctors*

1) Munib Ahmad (Fuegenix): has the best results I've ever seen, extremely detailed and honest presentation of his cases, is not afraid but proud about showing very high resolution pictures of his work and is active on the forum. For me, he is the best hair transplant surgeon in the world and definitely my choice for my future hair transplant.

2) Zarev: best option for high norwood patients, with extremely detailed and honest presentation of his cases, featuring plenty of high resolution pictures. 

3) Couto: natural results, great hairline designs, good presentation of his work (not perfect like Munib Ahmad or Zarev but good). Love his emphasis on temples and his sense for aesthetics while providing natural looking results.

4) Feriduni: great, natural results with good and honest presentation of his cases, albeit pictures in lesser quanitity and not as high resolution (but still good) as Munib Ahmad or Zarev's. Skilled with temple work too. 

5) Konior: I think his results are as good as Feriduni's, same with the presentation of his cases. I'm putting him 5th because he reportedly is more expensive than Feriduni and Couto while providing similar quality work (to my eyes).

Worst

1) Any hairmill, but Chris Don Mctyre is a scumbag of the highest order. Proves that you don't need to go to Turkey to find a hairmill. Search for "ReGrow Hair" and "Chris Mctyre" here and prepare to be horrified. Also related to him were  "James Boland" and "Colorado Surgical Center". Dude is not even a hair transplant doctor, yet says he is one (just for starters).

Most Overrated

1) Pekiner: I don't understand how people say he is one of the best without having honest, high resolution pictures taken with a camera (not a smartphone) of his work to judge properly. I don't say he is bad, just that the many pictures available are not good enough to say him (or anyone presenting pictures of such quality) is good or bad. He is recommended here a lot, that's why I think he is overrated (will change my opinion, or not, after seeing high quality pictures constantly, like the ones the doctors in my top 5 provide for every one of their cases).

Most Underrated

1) Munib Ahmad (Fuegenix): he is providing the best results with the highest quality pictures constantly and people think he is a future promise or something like that...he is the present, you don't need to wait 30 years to know it, just a pair of eyes.

Best Value

1) Mwamba: natural results, good presentation of his work (not perfect like Munib Ahmad or Zarev but good). Has the best beard to beard transplant results I've seen too, I think he is a very complete and safe option, and IIRC costs 3€ per graft + VAT. Not cheap but cheaper than the other surgeons I've mentioned while still providing very high quality, natural results.

Of course, this is just my opinion, don't take it as gospel. I have no intention to offend anyone, sorry if I did.

Edited by NegativeNorwood
  • Like 3

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

49 minutes ago, davidn said:

This. Also what happens if the donor thins with age? Both the recipient and donor will look pretty weird No?

I was gonna ask this. Thanks for responding this. Homogenous donor overharvesting is definitely interesting but it limits you to one hair style in the sides the rest of your life

26 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

1) Munib Ahmad (Fuegenix): has the best results I've ever seen, extremely detailed and honest presentation of his cases, is not afraid but proud about showing very high resolution pictures of his work and is active on the forum. For me, he is the best hair transplant surgeon in the world and definitely my choice for my future hair transplant.

2) Zarev: best option for high norwood patients, with extremely detailed and honest presentation of his cases, featuring plenty of high resolution pictures. 

3) Couto: natural results, great hairline designs, good presentation of his work (not perfect like Munib Ahmad or Zarev but good). Love his emphasis on temples and his sense for aesthetics while providing natural looking results.

4) Feriduni: great, natural results with good and honest presentation of his cases, albeit pictures in lesser quanitity and not as high resolution (but still good) as Munib Ahmad or Zarev's. Skilled with temple work too. 

5) Konior: I think his results are as good as Feriduni's, same with the presentation of his cases. I'm putting him 5th because he reportedly is more expensive than Feriduni and Couto while providing similar quality work (to my eyes).

Worst

1) Any hairmill, but Chris Don Mctyre is a scumbag of the highest order. Proves that you don't need to go to Turkey to find a hairmill. Search for "ReGrow Hair" and "Chris Mctyre" here and prepare to be horrified. Dude is not even a hair transplant doctor, yet says he is one (just for starters).

Most Overrated

1) Pekiner: I don't understand how people say he is one of the best without having honest, high resolution pictures taken with a camera (not a smartphone) of his work to judge properly. I don't say he is bad, just that the many pictures available are not good enough to say him (or anyone presenting pictures of such quality) is good or bad. He is recommended here a lot, that's why I think he is overrated (will change my opinion, or not, after seeing high quality pictures constantly, like the ones the doctors in my top 5 provide for every one of their cases).

Most Underrated

1) Munib Ahmad (Fuegenix): he is providing the best results with the highest quality pictures constantly and people think he is a future promise or something like that...he is the present, you don't need to wait 30 years to know it, just a pair of eyes.

Best Value

1) Mwamba: natural results, good presentation of his work (not perfect like Munib Ahmad or Zarev but good). Has the best beard to beard transplant results I've seen too, I think he is a very complete and safe option, and IIRC costs 3€ per graft + VAT. Not cheap but cheaper than the other surgeons I've mentioned while still providing very high quality, natural results.

Of course, this is just my opinion, don't take it as gospel. I have no intention to offend anyone, sorry if I did.

I agree Dr Ahmad is the present but I don’t think he is the goat. I don’t think anyone can touch Konior. There is a reason he charges what he charges. His fut scars are flawless. His fue scarring is far better if not unrecognizable to any other doctor. He has had a massive role in Nadimi and Gabel being great docs. Until someone has his impact I don’t envision they ever top him. Dr Ahmad could definitely do that but I want to wait and see 10-20 years before I view him in the same sentence as Dr K!

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, davidn said:

Yeah

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Favorite Five HT Doctors*

1)zarev

2)nusbaum

3)munib Ahmed

4)schambach

5)Lorenzo

Worst

1) difficult one I think a surgeon attempting to perform several procedures a day and delegating the bulk of the process should be a big red flag

Most Overrated

1) Bicer (she uses a large number of grafts in smaller areas. A good surgeon should utilise the least number of grafts to get maximum output)

Most Underrated

1)  Mittal

2) Laorwang

3) Pinto

Best Value

1) Laorwang from a pure price point and outcome perspective 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nelly said:

Worst

1) difficult one I think a surgeon attempting to perform several procedures a day and delegating the bulk of the process should be a big red flag

this is the majority of surgeons, including most of the "elites" 🤣

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, NegativeNorwood said:

I agree he is definitely one to watch for. However, you're looking at 10+ euros per graft which also makes him one of the most expensive out there.

On 6/21/2023 at 1:14 AM, HappyMan2021 said:

this is the majority of surgeons, including most of the "elites" 🤣

Yes messed up industry to be fair, why do patients allow those who are not doctors cut into their skin. I mean does it mean I can start doing it if I wanted to without any medical knowledge 

On 6/22/2023 at 8:48 AM, Nelly said:

Yes messed up industry to be fair, why do patients allow those who are not doctors cut into their skin. I mean does it mean I can start doing it if I wanted to without any medical knowledge 

That's not how it works.

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 9:35 PM, RTC said:

(no particular order)

1) Bisanga

2) Pinto

3) Couto (for hairlines)

4) De Freitas

5) Sethi

Worst

1) Dr 'Mani' Mittal (mainly because all his reviews are clearly rehearsed and pre-written). His work is average or decent.

Good list though saying Dr Manish Mittal is the worst is pretty harsh. Do you really think all his reviews are fabricated ?

I've seen some good results by him ! 

6 minutes ago, Davies said:

Good list though saying Dr Manish Mittal is the worst is pretty harsh. Do you really think all his reviews are fabricated ?

I've seen some good results by him ! 

They jus come across as too co-ordinated. If I saw some organic patient journeys I'd be less inclined to say a bad word about him. I'm sure he's good anyway.

1 hour ago, RTC said:

They jus come across as too co-ordinated. If I saw some organic patient journeys I'd be less inclined to say a bad word about him. I'm sure he's good anyway.

Hmmm there are a lot of 1 review accounts on closer inspection. Interesting. The modern age of marketing hey !

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Zarev

Ahmad

Konior

Ferreira

Feriduni

I think surgeons as Pittella who manage to work succesfully on high NWs are impressive

Worst

1) Impossible for me to answer

Most Overrated

1) de Freitas

Most Underrated

1) Probably someone we all never heard of 

Best Value

1) Laorwong