Graft sticking out half way?

Ok as my scalp heals I begin to see the healing clearer as the blood and crusts gets removed after each shower. I noticed this big graft consisting of more than 3 hairs sticking out and it is pretty thick, and this graft still hurts when i touch it.

It kind of looks like this

||| <-hairs

[|] <- white thing

[|] <- white thing

--- <-scalp

It's maybe 4 times the size of normal grafts. could it be possible that the tech didn't insert the graft in all the way? I'm sure it wasnt pulled out by me because I saw this thing first day post OP but there was so much blood and crust I though it was just a huge graft.

I think the tech on my right side did a better job than the tech on my left side when they were planting grafts. Right side has less shedding and the left side a lot of hairs are breaking off. :\

Yes, it is posible that the technician did not insert the graft to the proper depth. However, hair follicles are very resilient and there is a good chance that the hairs in that graft will still grow. If there is any redness around that graft that is not present anywhere else or if there is any purulent drainage then you might want to get it cheched to make sure there is no local infection. You can always contact the doctor who did the procedure and ask them questions. Hopefully, they will make themselves available to you.