Being quoted less grafts than I think is required. Am I wrong?

camel15

Hey all

Long time lurker, first time poster. 

The time has finally come for me to book a FUE HT. I'm 26, have hereditary hair loss, tried minoxidil and finasteride in the past with no side effects. Both those medications slowed things down for me but the hair loss still continued. 

I have sent my photos to many clinics in Turkey where I am looking to get me procedure done and all have quoted in the range of 2500-3000 grafts. 

Looking at testimonials and results of others who have had a similar hair to me before the procedure, my impression would be that I need at least 3500 grafts but more likely 4000. 

Am I overestimating? Any advice would be much appreciated. 

See below for the photos of my hair as it is currently. 

Photo 10-6-2023, 2 14 56 pm.jpg

Photo 10-6-2023, 2 16 07 pm.jpg

Photo 10-6-2023, 2 18 55 pm.jpg

For the front scalp including hairline, you would need around 3500. You have thinning on the crown also but since you have enough native hair there you may want to wait for few years or try medication to fix the crown area. Those doctors may have given estimate just for the fontal portion. But yes for full work you maybe need around 4500 in total.

• Thanks 1

We got a similar pattern so I do agree that you would likely need over 4000 to 4500k max. 

But its best to just split it in two. Focus on the front for your first intervention then you go for the back. While you wait for your results in the front you can always go for Oral Minoxidil/Dutasteride to see if you can strenghten the crown area.

• 5 weeks later...

Have booked in for 3500 grafts total on temples and mid scalp area while leaving crown untouched for now.

I have been using Minoxidil 5% (3 years) topically, RU5581 topically (1 month) and Dutasteride orally (1 month). Will be switching to Minoxidil 7% next and see if I can get them crown hairs back. 

Edited by camel15

3,500 - 4,000 would do a decent job.  If you live in the USA, stay here!!!  Save your money and avoid the Turkey clinics.  You will be glad you did.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.