Going to far?

lunch_owl

Is it possible to go too far in regards to pre-op preparations? For instance buying handcuffs or a straight jacket to make sure you dont dislodge your grafts?

Edited by lunch_owl
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lunch_owl said:

For instance buying handcuffs

cant say this hasnt crossed my mind too for any future HT i have 😄 seems i wasnt only one. 

Edited by duckling
  • Like 1

• Administrators

That’s completely unnecessary. Sleep with a surgeon cap on, if you touch your scalp you’ll feel the cap and stop instantly.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I suppose no, what are you thinking about doing that might be seen as excessive?

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

That’s completely unnecessary. Sleep with a surgeon cap on, if you touch your scalp you’ll feel the cap and stop instantly.

I disagree. Sleeping with a surgeon cap and stopping when i feel it im touching the cap does not reassure me that i will stop which also increases anxiety before sleeping which in turn makes me sleep very bad. Thats my thought process. Knowing that your hands are incapable of moving to your scalp by restraining your hands gives me a relieving feeling knowing that i can not hurt the grafts men im not in control. It also helps with the fear and anxiety part of it too imo.

2 hours ago, mavigo said:

I suppose no, what are you thinking about doing that might be seen as excessive?

Tying my hands up. Makes me sleep better knowing i cant do anything do harm my grafts during sleep. Or maybe sleep in one of those Transylvanian coffins 🙂

Edited by lunch_owl

Exercise impulse control. I don’t want to judge but if you can’t train your mind to not do this one small thing then you must have zero impulse control. 

I had zero issues with sleeping straight and not touching my head. I literally trained my mind too. 

Maybe this comes because I am a Muslim and we have to pray 5 times a day which requires a lot of impulse control and this does bleed into other matters of your life. I don’t need an alarm to wake up, if you think and want something, your mind makes it happen. If this appears to be something impossible then you have an impulse control issue and just doing whatever your reptilian part of brain tells you to. 

I would suggest restraining and training your brain to do things you want it to, feel an impulse to eat something, don’t. Maybe try sleeping straight already and not touching yourself. If it’s still a little hard to do that, punish and reward yourself for good and bad behaviour. 

You don’t need handcuffs to stop yourself from scratching.