Which shampoo should i use after fue hair tranplant

58 minutes ago, tudare said:

Its been 1 month since i had my FUE hair transplant and the doctor told me that i can get back to washing my hair normally. Which shampoos do you guys recommend I use ? 

nizoral if its available near you. It has ketocanazole . Any other ketocanazole shampoo is good too.

• Like 1

@tudare,

Since it’s been a month since your FUE hair transplant, then I agree that it’s safe to use Nizoral or any other medicated shampoo unless you are experiencing any extended postoperative inflammation  or redness.

Just keep in mind that Nizoral 2% is recommended to use two or three times a week under normal conditions because it can dry out the hair and the scalp.  Assuming they still make it and haven’t changed their ingredients, the only shampoo that contains ketoconazole that I’ve seen that is gentle on the scalp is Revita.

for those who’ve recently undergone hair transplant surgery, it’s far better to use a shampoo that’s gentle on the scalp especially for the first couple of days after their procedure (true for either FUT or FUE).

Baby shampoo is real gentle on the scalp for obvious reasons and may be a good choice for the first three or four days after surgery.  after that, any normal or regular shampoo that is not medicated would be advised for the next couple of weeks to a month.

Obviously you can use regular shampoo beyond one month but if you intend to use any medicated shampoo such as ones recommended above, I think reading a month would be a good idea to allow for the scalp to heal a bit. This includes any postoperative information or redness that could be easily irritated by medicated shampoos.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2023 at 3:47 PM, Sunset Dune said:

All these answers are incorrect You shouldn’t be using Nizoral for at least 6 months it can harm the grafts 

I didn't know that. Can you link the article for us?