Have a question regarding my ht

I am 5 months post op on a roughly 2000 graph ht along the hairline. I was about a norwood 2 to 2.5 at the time. Anyways, at 3 months post op the hair starting sprouting and things were looking good. However, it is now 5 months and the hair appears the same as it did 2 months ago at 3 months post op. Is there reason for me to be worried?

I am 5 months post op on a roughly 2000 graph ht along the hairline. I was about a norwood 2 to 2.5 at the time. Anyways, at 3 months post op the hair starting sprouting and things were looking good. However, it is now 5 months and the hair appears the same as it did 2 months ago at 3 months post op. Is there reason for me to be worried?

Aaron...

you didnt mention if you were on a program of Proscar and Rogaine...you should be , as it will definitely help...

Also, try taking 2-3000 mg of MSM...GNC makes a pretty good tablet of 1500 mg.....but you can get it at Walmart or any place that sells supplements and vitamins pretty much...its pretty good at cell regeneration - hair, nails, skin..it certainly jumpstarted my post op growth...

both of these should help quite a bit if youre not already on them...if youre on all this stuff, and still actually at the same exact spot with your hair that you were 3 months ago, nothing but small sprouts, i would contact your surgeon as well

Rugger What is MSM?

Good point the socialdrinker.......I have been thinking since reading these forums that there should be a "frequently asked questions" area that someone could read and maybe get their answers in that type of format.

Also some of the web sites that offer HT information should also consider a page with in the web site of "Questions you may want to ask your HT Doctor" I see a lot of posts that HT patients ask the same question as.....Hairs falling out/ are these follicles or scabs attached? Or, when can I shampoo or color hair with hair dye?

A person could copy these (or selected) questions (Off the web site) that may come up with them BEFORE they have the HT experience, and be sure to consult with the Dr. while in the office during surgery.

I know that with my upcoming surgery that I may have questions afterwards and to try to think of them in advance is hard to do. If I could go to a page at a web site and see questions most commonly asked AFTER the HT surgery, then I could get a realistic scope on things that I may want to ask while with the Doctor.

Qless,

I've asked Pat about getting a Q/A thread up. But he said that a Don't worry, a better site was coming. I think he meant the Learning Center. That's up and going now, but no real Q/A.

Why don't you give it a shot and request one. Maybe you'd have better luck at it.

Dear Arron:

I would not worry at this point.Everything may be fine. It may be that you have had some shock loss and the area appears not to have changed. If this is the case the area should fill in over the next 4-6 months.

At times growth may simply be delayed for unknown reasons. Again this may be a temporary delay and hair growth will resume. You will have to give it some time; at least several months before seeing your final result.

I would agree with some of the suggestions to use finasteride and topical minoxidil (rogaine)

Paul T Rose, MD

paultrose@yahoo.com

612 965 4247

813 259 9889

Paul T. Rose, MD, JD

President ISHRS

Board of Trustees ISCLS

Dr. Paul Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians