Crown and Hairline work on first HT

I’m currently looking at getting a HT in the near future. I am 25 and have been on oral fin and topical min for a few years. I’ve been classified as Norwood 3V in the consultations I’ve done. Is it generally not recommended to get crown and hairline work done at the same time for your first procedure? I’m primarily concerned with my hairline and am prioritizing that, but I might eventually get crown work done as well years down the line. I’ve been quoted about 2000-2250 FUE grafts from four different clinics strictly for the hairline. They’ve also recommended about 300-500 grafts for the crown.  

Considering you are NW3 you could get away with a couple of grafts in that area. I would say that you wouldnt lose much by trying to convince them since its a reasonable amount of grafts to commit. 

Most clinics are happy to do up to 3000-3500 grafts per session aprox. I am in a similar spot too because my crown isnt that much receeded but it has dipped a little on its frontal part without losing the twirl so I have asked them to fill it in if possible in my session. Howeaver my case is a little bit more complicated then yours so you could have better luck then myself.

You should only focus on the hairline/front area. Medication can regrow the crown however once a hairline has receded its pretty much gone and medication alone won’t bring it back without restoration surgery.

• Valued Contributor

The problem with doing any crown work now at your age is that you very well risk having an island of hair in the center of your crown over time. It would be like trying to hold a tiger by the tail chasing that crown which would eventually exhaust all of your scalp donor at the loss of your frontal area. It's best to start front to back for good reason. At 25 have you started medication (I'm not a doctor)? All the best!