Train the hair direction after surgery

Just came to my mind a curious question. 

Obviously when choosing surgery each surgeon will implant the hair in say direction X, Y or Z depending on his/her style of preference and the patients request. 

Now it's obvious that these plucks of hairs will grow in a certain way post transplantation and initially will always stubbornly grow in a certain way. 

Even so, would it remotely be possible to make the hair used to grow in a certain way that has not been implanted to grow?

My understanding is that after a certain lenght the hair will be able to be styled in a certain way that is more flexible then if kept short, again this is only my idea. 

Just curious on what you guys think. 

Sure, you can absolutely train your hair to sit in a specific way.  That doesn't change the fact that it still grows out at the original angle it was implanted to grow out of.

Check out my journey here:

15 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

Sure, you can absolutely train your hair to sit in a specific way.  That doesn't change the fact that it still grows out at the original angle it was implanted to grow out of.

Exactly my thoughts. Obviously the angles or the placements are locked in for life but I think that you should at least be able to have a degree of styling flexibility once it grows up to a certain lenght. 

Oddly enough I think that usually with medium hairs there is a bit more flexibility then thick, coarse ones since they have a strong hold enough to avoid breakage but not strong enough to remain stubborn to grow in a specific way. 

Howeaver the shorter you keep, the less flexibility you should have. 

30 minutes ago, BaldV said:

hair direction isnt about style or preference but about the way hair natural grows on your head and cant be changed after implantation

Yes obviously. I guess my question had more to do regarding the flexibility of styling it after the hair reached a certain lenght towards an opposite direction to which the hair grows then changing the way it's "naturally" been implanted to grow. 

I know from a video rolandas posted he had one of the hairs from the sides implanted that was stubbornly growing in one way even though he was trying to style it in a certain way. However he was keeping it short, if he for some reason let that hair grow perhaps he could have a better flexibility. 

But again, this works the same way with the original native hair I suppose since some are made to grow in a very specific direction. I remember when I was trying to comb my baldness from the back to the front with one of the hairs from the crown it hurt as hell because the hair wasn't really adapting it back then. 

Once your hair reach a certain length you can change its direction more easily.  When they are shorter then they tend to come back to original direction after sometime if you are change the direction too much. 

the same method like you already said applies to native hair. 

12 minutes ago, duckling said:

Once your hair reach a certain length you can change its direction more easily.  When they are shorter then they tend to come back to original direction after sometime if you are change the direction too much. 

the same method like you already said applies to native hair. 

I will be aiming to grow hair down to shoulder lenght so I doubt that will be a problem in my case then hah.😁

Thanks for confirming my suspicions though. 

You may need to use some styling gel or spray to hold the hair in place when changing styling directions.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

12 minutes ago, gillenator said:

You may need to use some styling gel or spray to hold the hair in place when changing styling directions.

Probably less necessary if you let them grow long which I plan to but will certainly try once it's there. 

My goal anyway is maximizing the lenght of hairs in that area. 

That’s true…styling gel helped me until the length got to at least 5 inches.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

2 hours ago, gillenator said:

That’s true…styling gel helped me until the length got to at least 5 inches.

Yeah. For my end goals this shouldn't really be a problem imo but it's always good to know there are options should you want to be more versatile.