Ok... here's my story:

I started balding around 21. Started shaving my head with clippers about a year later. I look ok with a shaved head, and never had any problems getting dates nor finding the love of my life, my wife. While my hairloss was devastating emotionally, I did my best to keep my confidence, a f' it attitude, and tried my hardest to not let it limit my social life.

Fast forward 9 years to me now. I really don't have anything to complain about. I'm successful at work, have a fun personal life, and the same woman still finds me attractive. (Yes, there are woman who LOVE bald men.) Still... I feel like I've been robbed of my looks at a young age, at at 30 years old I am sick of rocking a horseshoe (Solid NW6 here). I've paid my dues, padded my financials, deployed 4 times (Afghanistan sucks), and got the go ahead from my wife if I want a HT. Still... I have doubts about going through this process...

Can I get a full head of hair back? Do I have to take drugs for the rest of my life? (I have naturally thin black hair..) Is this worth it?? Vanity sucks. It really does. I know most of these questions need the response of a professional, but I know some of you guys out there feel the same way I do. I guess what I'm asking, is that given enough money and a great MD... can miracles happen?

For you young guys out there (20s) losing your hair... I feel your pain. I found (for me) women like confidence, drive, physical fitness, and a positive attitude way more than they cared about my hair. The girls that cared about my hair more were woman I thankfully stayed awayed from anyway. Shave your head / cut it short, get a stylish hat collection (don't wear them all the time.... remember confidence), and meet women in other places besides clubs and bars. Just my .02.

Got any pics to post? It is certainly possible to go NW6 to a righteous head of hair -- however, it generally will require you to have at least average density/laxity in your donor, and it is even more imperative that you go to the right doc/clinic. Moreover, when you are a NW6 you basically have to realize that unless you get 5k+ in a single session it will require an additional op (or two) to get to where you might want to be. So, unless you go to a clinic that has the ability to harvest such #s, you are looking at even more surgeries to get to the proverbial promised land.

Research hard and heavy, I am sure you will figure out if it is worth it for ya!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Are you on propecia? If not, I'd consider it; your sides (lateral humps) seem pretty strong, but I can see some thinning. If you can hold on to those badboys it would be a huge boon!

IMO, in people who are like NW5, NW6s, etc....it is the lateral humps that make or break being able to receive a ridic good result.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

very good choice Tree Hugger. thana is right. if you are not on meds yet i suggest you start 'em right now. the sooner the better. it will compliment your HT. in case you didn't see the NW7 to NW0 transformation by H&W i suggest you look at NIcNitro's profile or google it. it took 2 sessions i believe. i'm glad you are taking the first step and good luck to you.

Appreciated GQ. I'm not on any meds besides some supplements for fitness. (Funny enough, I see some of the ones I take on some poster's lists as ones they take for hair loss, like fish oil and saw palmetto... I take those for heart and prostate health, but they're obviously not working to stop my hair falling out.)

I'm starting to look into hair meds, but previously they just seemed like a costly gamble with limited (read: non permanent) results. Like I said, I haven't really looked into it yet...

hello...

well, you do come off like a solid NW6, but nevertheless, the sides come off as pretty strong.

I feel rather confident that H&W will be able to restore you to a full head of hair in 1-2 sessions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Excellent. I hope HW will give you the answer, and hopefully the solution that you are seeking icon_biggrin.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Tree Hugger,

Welcome to our forum community.

There certainly may be hope for you recovering some of your hair - but you'll have to consult with Hasson and Wong or other surgeons you are considering to know for sure if you are a candidate.

Know ahead of time, that you will never be able to restore a full head of hair however, depending on your donor hair availability, you may be able to get some nice coverage with an adequate illusion of density.

As someone who would be a complete norwood 6 by now without my hair restoration procedures, I can tell you first-hand that it's been a life saver for me to be able to restore a portion of my hair. A link to my journey with photos can be found below.

Best wishes for restoring your hair in 2009.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Tree Hugger, have a look at my blog as I was a NW6. I had 2 sessions with Dr. Hasson, 3600 on the first and 2250 on the second. I didn`t have the greatest donor hair either, its not a thick head of hair but enough to keep me happy, hope this helps a bit...Cheers LaGrange