Shaving head after FUE

Have any of you that have had an FUE transplant shaved down to stubble or buzzed really low? If so any pictures and how did it look? Can you tell that you have had a transplant? The reason I ask is if I had a transplant in front to have solid hairline and then continued to minorly thin through the back I would like the option of shaving or buzzing head as opposed to getting more procedures in the future. Obviously you would need to make sure your frontal third has hair or else it would look bad and detectable.   I always think your head looks good shaved when you have a solid hairline to frame your face so your head doesn’t look as big. Any opinions? 

you mean like having hair on the frontal two thirds (mid and hairline) and leaving the crown empty and keeping a short haircut? there are many people who have done that, you will probably be able to find examples in youtube

I'm having to fix more and more clients who thought they could shave down after FUE without the scars being noticeable. Scalp Micropigmentation certainly helps disguise the dot scarring but I would advise against doing this if you want it to be completely undetectable. 

• Like 1

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

1 hour ago, BaldV said:

you mean like having hair on the frontal two thirds (mid and hairline) and leaving the crown empty and keeping a short haircut? there are many people who have done that, you will probably be able to find examples in youtube

No i think he means if he gets hairline done and then loses hairs behind it in future, then instead of having more procedure he wants to trim it all down to 3-4 guard buzz cut maybe and with good hairline that buzz cut would suit his face. As good hairline frames the face when buzz cut is done.
so if anyone has done this after their fue procedures. 

14 hours ago, Recession1 said:

Have any of you that have had an FUE transplant shaved down to stubble or buzzed really low? If so any pictures and how did it look? Can you tell that you have had a transplant? The reason I ask is if I had a transplant in front to have solid hairline and then continued to minorly thin through the back I would like the option of shaving or buzzing head as opposed to getting more procedures in the future. Obviously you would need to make sure your frontal third has hair or else it would look bad and detectable.   I always think your head looks good shaved when you have a solid hairline to frame your face so your head doesn’t look as big. Any opinions? 

This is why everyone now does FUE. They get hairline with other parts of frontal area done too with density decreasing towards back. This way they can just buzz it all down and get some smp done to hide fue scars and add a nice illusion of density in midscalp and crown. Along with existing hair in those region smp adds a nice 3d illusion of density. 
or they just use little toppik instead of smp

• Administrators

If you plan on shaving, don’t get a hair transplant. Try to shave first and see if you like it. If you don’t, chances are you’re not gonna shave anyway. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Very curious on this front as well, and unfortunately it's because I am someone who didn't do their research and got a "dense-packing" of my hairline that was a huge mistake. Luckily only 1250 grafts were taken for FUE and I know that I can buzz down to a 1 or 2 guard without it being noticeable in the back. What I am concerned about is the continued recession on my frontal third which is leaving the transplanted hairs a bit isolated. The angle themselves aren't great, and there are some multi's used in the hairline. As I am turned off from the idea of another transplant in the near term, I am hoping that I can buzz the top while leaving it a little longer than the back/sides, and then just shave down the crappy transplanted areas. But the fear of how it will look definitely makes me indecisive here. 

Melvin, I agree that the point of a transplant is to have hair, but if you loose hair in the future and let’s say you have 5000 grafts to work with and you can’t get full coverage and your transplant looks somewhat thin it might look better shaved. Also, if you have a receded hairline and shave your head you won’t like it… but if you have a solid hairline from transplant and then you shave your head it looks way better…. It frames your face and you look like you buzz or shave your head by choice as opposed to you have to because you are balding. 

Melvin, I agree that the point of a transplant is to have hair, but if you loose hair in the future and let’s say you have 5000 grafts to work with and you can’t get full coverage and your transplant looks somewhat thin it might look better shaved. Also, if you have a receded hairline and shave your head you won’t like it… but if you have a solid hairline from transplant and then you shave your head it looks way better…. It frames your face and you look like you buzz or shave your head by choice as opposed to you have to because you are balding.