Hair Transplant Doctors that are Difficult to Reach?

deepthoughts1

I'm currently looking around for HT and I have noticed some doctors/offices are really difficult to reach or hear back from. Anyone have similar experiences? Is this common? Here's my experience with various offices so far:

*Dr.Yaman's office - Quickest responses by far. Usually hear back from them in a day.

*Dr.Keser's office - Similar to Dr.Yaman's office. Usually hear back in a day or so.

*Fuecapilar (Dr Gur/Turan's office) - Initial response was quick, but haven't heard back from them since I told them about my medication regimen. It's been over a week and followed up with a response but still no response (whatsapp shows they have read my follow up messages though)

*Dr.Pekiner's office (ALEX) - Took 3 days for initial response from Alex. After a brief back and forth I asked for Dr's take on how many grafts i'd need and his availability I haven't heard back from him. It's been over a week. 

*Dr.Nader - Haven't heard from his office at all since my initial email 10 days ago and follow up emails.

Are delayed communications common during consultation phase and trying to book for HT? Any better way to get faster responses? 

I would honestly say that in general every HT doctor is incredibly difficult to get in touch with. 

From personal experience, the only doctors where I have received personal and quick communication from have been Doctors Konior, Nadimi, and Gabel.

For every other clinic, I have basically been treated as random prospective patient #65724521

Edited by HappyMan2021

• Administrators

It depends on the clinic, some clinics have an enormous amount of consultation requests. Dr. Nader gets hundreds of emails. He answers them all personally. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

the more consultation requests they have from patients the more delayed are the responses ( especially if its a single surgeon clinic ). surgeons are so tightly booked due to so many people opting for surgeries especially once they know that the surgeon's work is good. physical consultation itself can take months. video consultation takes weeks. 

if in a clinic some of the HT work is done by techs then doctors are little bit free to respond back faster. 

11 minutes ago, deepthoughts1 said:

Thanks for the responses guys. So should I give them a couple of weeks time for response? Or should I just take it as they wont respond back to me at all?

some clinics may take 2-3 weeks to get back to you. I would follow up if you haven't heard back in 2-3 weeks. I wouldn't follow up sooner than that because you definitely don't want to annoy the clinic staff....

You should treat this like a job search. Send feelers out to any and all doctors you may want to work with. Don't put all your hope and efforts into one basket. For all you know you may never hear back, or you may find yourself incompatible or outright rejected from said doctor. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, deepthoughts1 said:

Thanks for the responses guys. So should I give them a couple of weeks time for response? Or should I just take it as they wont respond back to me at all?

wait and then follow up. dont be in a hurry. if you wait a bit you may get the best, otherwise just pick from the rest. ( but you will always think what if i would have waited, so better to take the decision with lot of research and consultations with all clinics ). this way you know that atleast you tried completely ,didnt rush and went with doctor you wanted to work on your scalp.

19 hours ago, duckling said:

wait and then follow up. dont be in a hurry. if you wait a bit you may get the best, otherwise just pick from the rest. ( but you will always think what if i would have waited, so better to take the decision with lot of research and consultations with all clinics ). this way you know that atleast you tried completely ,didnt rush and went with doctor you wanted to work on your scalp.

I think the "what ifs" are saddly inevitable. You will usually see a patient from doctor X that you previously reesearched and want to book him instead. 

Its important to be set once a decision is taken, whichever it is imo but obviously before make a strong list.

• Like 1