Wait for Pekiner or go to HLC

Hello, 

I am currently about to either wait one year waiting list for Dr Pekiner (whom I trust a lot and think is great) or go to HLC within a couple of months

i am unsure what to do. 
i was really hoping Pekiner would be soon consider how long we had been chatting 

but the 1 year wait and then the 1 year actual progress from the OP It will be 2 years until I get results. 

i am considering going with HLC

I am a NW 4 / 3400 grafts needed. 
Any advice and opinions would be appreciated lads :) 

• Valued Contributor

Its always worth waiting for someone who is your first choice as this is a lifetime thing and cannot be undone..though hlc is good as well..bt thr is just one negative point about hlc is that you don't know who is going to perform surgery on you whereas with pekiner you know that you will be under best hands(himself)..so if you really can't wait thn you can go for hlc as well..

From the choice of clinics it Seems you are looking for someone who is doing manual extraction ? If its that than you can consider dr ximena villa ..she is doing manual extraction and producing good results...her price is around 2.5 euros i think...

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

you cant go wrong with either. pekiner and hlc both are great. with pekiner the hard part is wait time. its a long waiting period now. 2 years can be long to get results but if there is nothing substantial before which you desperately want hair back then i dont see issues with waiting for your first pick surgeon.

you can also ask them to pull your date ahead incase of any cancellation. and that is surely possible because not everyone goes through. there will be surely some cancellations due to some other urgent things coming up for people.

Edited by duckling
  • Thanks 1

You’ll notice a huge amount of your results within 6 months, to be fair I’ve seen some crazy results at 3 months with some pekiner patients on Reddit. There’s been quite a few of them that skipped the shedding phase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel you man. Had the same dilemma. I'm booked with Pekiner for next March. And was genuinely considering HLC, their work is superb too. As it turns out next March is a pretty good time for me to take my work sabbatical so sticking with that. Genuinely dont think you can go wrong either way though. Best of luck! 

6 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Its always worth waiting for someone who is your first choice as this is a lifetime thing and cannot be undone..though hlc is good as well..bt thr is just one negative point about hlc is that you don't know who is going to perform surgery on you whereas with pekiner you know that you will be under best hands(himself)..so if you really can't wait thn you can go for hlc as well..

From the choice of clinics it Seems you are looking for someone who is doing manual extraction ? If its that than you can consider dr ximena villa ..she is doing manual extraction and producing good results...her price is around 2.5 euros i think...

Vila has upped her price to 3 euros per graft. Plus her waiting list is quite long where you'd need to wait 1 year  to get on a consultation with her + another whole year to undergo the actual operation (so 2 years in total).

I would wait to go with Pekiner, if I were you, think that Pekiner started his own practice at HLC, then set up on his own, in my opinion he is one of the best surgeons in the world, even if he chooses his patients, I don't have never seen a Norwood 6/7 go with it, but that wouldn't be your case since you said it was a Norwood IV

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
4 minutes ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

Vila has upped her price to 3 euros per graft. Plus her waiting list is quite long where you'd need to wait 1 year  to get on a consultation with her + another whole year to undergo the actual operation (so 2 years in total).

Oh long wait..bt sometimes its worth waiting ...do you think its a good idea to get it done sooner rather than waiting for the doctor you prefer the most...those doctors have a long waiting period itself speaks for their work...i know its really tough to wait for so long...bt sometimes you need to do tough things as this a lifetime thing and can't be undone...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

51 minutes ago, Belve said:

I would go with HLC which is top notch clinic. Pekiner is also top notch, but if he was longer waiting list I would select HLC without doubt. 

Dude, i gave u facepalm and u give me facepalm? This is not kindergarten 🤣

I saw botched jobs from HLC on this forum and i saw that they don't have ethics when something goes wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HLC is one of the few clinics in which all work is done by doctor (extractions, implantation).  Most results from HLC are top notch. Every clinic has some not good cases especially with patients with limited donor. 

Edited by Belve
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Belve said:

Every clinic has some not good cases especially with patients with limited donor. 

This is whishy-washy statement that can be used to defend any clinic, even the worst hairmill. 

You won't find similar story about dr Pekiner. Enjoy reading : 

As I read on this thread the clinic offered repair with some grafts from the limited donor or money refund. It’s the most the clinic can do after this. 
I can’t explain why his donor looked good after first procedure with HLC and after the second one didn’t look good. Maybe it can be shock loss, if the grafts were not extracted in close distances. 
as I said before every clinic has some not good cases. Hlc offered repair or money refund to the patient too. It can’t do anything more.
In general I have seen great donor management to the most patients of HLC. 

Pekiner is also top notch too, and he was working in HLC before he opened his own clinic. 

• Thumbs-down 1

Pekiner and it isn't even close. He's by far the best in Turkey at the moment. His worst involves minimal to no growth; HLC's worst as seen above is a fully botched donor.

HLC is still a relatively good Turkish clinic, but they don't compare.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Belve said:

As I read on this thread the clinic offered repair with some grafts from the limited donor or money refund. It’s the most the clinic can do after this. 
I can’t explain why his donor looked good after first procedure with HLC and after the second one didn’t look good. Maybe it can be shock loss, if the grafts were not extracted in close distances. 
as I said before every clinic has some not good cases. Hlc offered repair or money refund to the patient too. It can’t do anything more.
In general I have seen great donor management to the most patients of HLC. 

They could do more. They could do proper donor management and they could not destroy the donor.

And they offered him "repair" with 150 grafts so he can f*ck off. It wasn't sincere attempt of help. 

Pekiner for sure. You know who the only person operating on you is

Check out my result, I've just reached 4 months and am basically full head, in fact search all the results posted by patients of Pekiner here - amazing

1 hour ago, GeneralNorwood said:

They could do more. They could do proper donor management and they could not destroy the donor.

And they offered him "repair" with 150 grafts so he can f*ck off. It wasn't sincere attempt of help. 

I don’t know if it’s poor donor management or shock loss.  Why on the first procedure the donor management was perfect and on the second one not good? Why in all other cases of HLC the donor management is good ? 
have u seen the other results of HLC to see that they do great donor management in most cases ? 

also if he doesn’t have enough donor how can they implant more than 150 for repair ? HLC also asked him if he wants money refund instead of this small repair. His recipient area is also much better than before. 

that’s my opinion and I stop here. We don’t have to agree.

Edited by Belve
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs-down 1

If you are able to stretch your budget a bit more I would say pinto or de fretas who have similar wait times as pekiner.

between the two I say Pekiner if you are willing to wait (or the other 2 I mentioned above). 

growing hair today won’t change what you lose in 1-2 years. Sucks it won’t be back but nothing changes your present then a good head of hair in the future. So don’t rush. Take your time and pick who you believe is best 

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

57 minutes ago, Belve said:

I don’t know if it’s poor donor management or shock loss.  Why on the first procedure the donor management was perfect and on the second one not good? Why in all other cases of HLC the donor management is good ? 
have u seen the other results of HLC to see that they do great donor management in most cases ? 

also if he doesn’t have enough donor how can they implant more than 150 for repair ? HLC also asked him if he wants money refund instead of this small repair. His recipient area is also much better than before. 

that’s my opinion and I stop here. We don’t have to agree.

If you read this topic that i send you, you would know answers on all your questions. And there were more cases with depleted donor from HLC on this forum. It was also mentioned in "botched HT by HLC". But you didn't read it and you just say some half-thruths like  "but they offered him repair!!!! or money back!!!".

HLC threatened him with trial in court

It's funny that short waiting time is for you best argument to chose a clinic. I think we can end this discussion here.

• Face Palm 1