Hairloss Strategy

FinallyHT

In 2014 my hair loss was getting bad, I remember I decided to double my finasteride from 1.25 to 2.5mg a day and began using topical minox twice a day.  It may a huge difference. I'm guessing it was because of the doubling of the finasteride.   I went back to 1mg in 2018 when I switched doctors. 

Currently, I am using Xyon Top Dut (4 months in) 1mg of Fin daily, 1x daily top minox.  

Should I double finasteride again? Try oral dusteride. Add oral minox? ( I don't want to use this drug for very long.) My goal is to add something bridge the gap to Pyrlimude whenever that comes out.  

I think I should keep as is to see how effective Xyon Top Dut is until June 15th which would be 5 months of use. Then double to oral fin to 2.5mg.

What does the hairloss fellowship think?

2014 hair.jpeg

hair 2015.jpeg

Hairloss began at age 23. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

Becuase 1mg fin is losing effectiveness. Ive been on it for 17 years! As I mentioned, doubling fin seemed to helped my hair- the proof is the two photos. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

55 minutes ago, FinallyHT said:

Becuase 1mg fin is losing effectiveness. Ive been on it for 17 years! As I mentioned, doubling fin seemed to helped my hair- the proof is the two photos. 

Wow 17 years! How has it treated you all this time? 

I don't see the point personally in doubling fin since you're on topical dut, how often are you using the topical dut?

Toronto man- oral fin works, but definitely not as effective as it was in the first three years of use many many years ago. 

I use top dut, every day. But what if top dut is not effective for whatever reason. That’s why I still use oral fin. Doubling oral fin several years back, worked for me. So I don’t see any harm is doing it again. 

with dut you are already blocking lot of scalp DHT. I don't think doubling your fin dose is needed. dut + double dose of fin is lot of dht blocked.

i get point of keeping hair but its not worth this much. use current dosage and be happy without sides.

But I don’t know if the top dut is working. When I e started new medications for hair, it took about 4 months to see results. So far nothing with top dut.  

And I didn’t get sides when I used 2.5mg of fin.  So I don’t see the harm in upping the fin which actually did yield results. 

Edited by FinallyHT