Dr Resul yaman or Dr Gur : Yaman suggested 6000 grafts over 2 days procedure

Hi, I want to have hair transplant procedure in a budget price

so i shortlisted below people

Fuecapillar: Dr turan(dont have appointments till Nov this year) Dr Gur (vip or standard package)

Dr. Resul yaman ( suggested 4500 graft one day session and come back after year to do a session in crown area or 6000graft 2 days session covering both crown and front )

Dr demisroy (yet to get reply)

which one should I go for? Am very confused. Going with 6k grafts will it deplete my donor area? Also i read 2 bad reviews on Dr yaman ( one with temple restoration gone bad and other is depletion of donor area) members here pls suggest your opinion 

attached is my current pictures of my balding head

73DC273F-3B99-4C34-B2A1-11B3B0E10F12.jpeg

AE95B170-359D-4CA9-9AAF-0FC6F4B5EBF5.jpeg

1B8FE4BF-7D56-4662-B2A1-3149BA1E0D3C.jpeg

I could be wrong but you’re donor area sure looks like it can give a good number of grafts.

Dr Yaman may have a couple of negative reviews, same can be said for any Dr/Clinic tbh. I don’t believe the over harvesting has happened since, and I hope they would have learned from the poor temple restoration. You will need those 6k to restore you’re hair, it’s wether you want to do it in stages or get it done over those 2 days. It’s entirely possible that you would still need another ht at a later date even after 6k or thereabouts have been implanted.

I would wait and also get consultations from Turan/Gur, are you restricted to Turkey? As Im sure you may have already noticed, Eugenix are usually high on the list for the higher Norwoods, as is Dr Pittella… 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@Pbaldguy94 Both the surgeons are equally skilled.....it depends on personal preference like whose hairline you like the most , whose approach you prefer ....if you wanna go for a high number of grafts in first sitting than dr gur will probably won't do it...as he prefers 2 sitting for a high nw cases like yours ...dr yaman can do whole scalp in first go...so first clear your approach and than you can choose from them...

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Your donor area looks quite good to me. I think you should be asking about the the technicians as I heard Dr yaman hired a couple. I think you should go for the 2 days as you prolly want it out of way. But if something goes wrong your back will be against a wall. This is my opinion, not a expert but a lurking shadow for the past couple months. Try see if hims topical finasteride and minoxidil will be any help. I think I might go for yaman too, keep us updated. Good luck 👍 bro. 

• Thanks 1

All 4 doctors are great options and you will be in safe hands with them. You seem to have good donor. Dr yaman is a great doctor for higher Norwoods. He is able to cover large areas in one session and he is ethical doctor and he cares about his patients.  
you don’t have to worry for any depletion of donor. 

Edited by Belve
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2023 at 3:04 AM, Belve said:

All 4 doctors are great options and you will be in safe hands with them. You seem to have good donor. Dr yaman is a great doctor for higher Norwoods. He is able to cover large areas in one session and he is ethical doctor and he cares about his patients.  
you don’t have to worry for any depletion of donor. 

That is not accurate.  Yaman has been known to deplete donor.  I have seen some patients post pictures about it.  Plus yaman uses mechanical extraction.  Gur is manual. 

5 hours ago, BearsFan88 said:

That is not accurate.  Yaman has been known to deplete donor.  I have seen some patients post pictures about it.  Plus yaman uses mechanical extraction.  Gur is manual. 

I disagree. I have seen great results from @Dr Resul Yaman and he does good donor management.
Dr yaman has also evolved his technique by using manual extraction in a 2 day session. 

• Like 1

if picking yaman then pick the manual method. the cheaper option of motorized option is surely not on par with dr gur's manual extraction. With yaman you get less work done by him and more done by techs. With gur's vip package majority of work is done by him (design, incision and extraction) and only graft implantation done by techs.

@A_4_Archan you are right. I read up his bookmarked vip cases again and he does do motorized in vip package too. Actually none of the websites mentioned about motor (unlike yaman where everywhere they mentioned it )and nor did his patient apart from a few who have mentioned "machine sound" during extraction phase. Rest part was accurate but this one i got wrong. Thanks for helping in correcting as manual or motor is big info and thank god i have just posted about it here.

@Pbaldguy94 gur does motorized extraction in vip package. my apologies for getting that part wrong.

• Valued Contributor

@ducklingoh its fine...it happens ..i can understand ....actually dr turan does manual extraction bt not fully manual ,its like he does manual extraction at some crucial region where the chances of transection is high...and the rest is motorised...

• Well Done 1

--> My Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 8:50 PM, A_4_Archan said:

@BearsFan88 @duckling are you sure dr gur does manual extraction in 1.5 euro package ? I guess he is doing motorised extraction ...!! 

Extraction is performed with low speed modified micro motor by an extraction experts that have been trained by Dr. Yaman himself personally. They perform only extraction step of the operation.

Do you believe manual extraction would be better and safer for the donor area ?

• Valued Contributor

@Marc2021Some say its better some say there is not much of a difference ...few days back i spoke to doctor devroye who is a senior doctor and he told me that he and dr mwamba performed extraction where he himself was doing motorised and dr mwamba was doing manual and the extraction result was same...actually to be frank we can never have a correct answer for this so imo tools don't matter...hands matter more than anything ....any tool with experienced and meticulous hands would perform good and the best of the tools with not so experienced and meticulous hands would perform bad....

So as a patient what you need to see is lots of real patient outcome ....see the extraction pattern from immediate post of pictures ....check out the donor at 6-8 months post op pics ...check out hairline design and how efficiently and economically doctor used the grafts to give an illusion of density....at the end this what matters and not the techniques..

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 2

--> My Thread

38 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Marc2021Some say its better some say there is not much of a difference ...few days back i spoke to doctor devroye who is a senior doctor and he told me that he and dr mwamba performed extraction where he himself was doing motorised and dr mwamba was doing manual and the extraction result was same...actually to be frank we can never have a correct answer for this so imo tools don't matter...hands matter more than anything ....any tool with experienced and meticulous hands would perform good and the best of the tools with not so experienced and meticulous hands would perform bad....

So as a patient what you need to see is lots of real patient outcome ....see the extraction pattern from immediate post of pictures ....check out the donor at 6-8 months post op pics ...check out hairline design and how efficiently and economically doctor used the grafts to give an illusion of density....at the end this what matters and not the techniques..

totally agree with you @A_4_Archan hands are the most important thing when extracting either manual or motorized.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 10:40 AM, A_4_Archan said:

Hi man,

May I ask for your advice please?

I have done my operation with Dr Yaman on June 8th, today is day 9 after operation.

I was told to start removing the crusts on day 10 as they should be completely removed by day 12.

My concern is that donor area is still burning as hell on and I am afraid that the recipient area didn't heal as well. I don't want to risk removing the graffs by rubing the crusts.

Any thoughts on that ?

IMG-20230617-WA0006.jpg

• 2 months later...