25-30% or so of my transplanted hair came off. HELP!

Day 9ish. 25-30% transplanted hair (the pic shows maybe 5% of what fell out, specially around the temples and some part of the hairline, This happened after a soak wash (leave oil for 2 hours and then, very gently, massage and then shampoo to remove the scabs.) Did I lose my grafts or is it normal shedding? Should I be concerned? Total grafts were around 3500. Now my temples loos half empty. before the looked pretty full

qyo7rorpv60b1.jpeg

qyo7rorpv60b1s.jpeg

rceskusqv60b1.jpeg

rxprhkfpv60b1.jpeg

zskmxx2qv60b1.jpeg

• Moazzam changed the title to 25-30% or so of my transplanted hair came off. HELP!

As far as I know, if all you see is scabs it means the grafts are more then secure in your head and you're just going through that thing that more then 90% of people who have hair transplants suffer...Shock loss.

You will see growth probably starting month 4. Waiting game has begun.

Edited by TheGreatPretender
  • Like 1

Here’s how I dealt with the panic and stress of worrying if I damaged my grafts somehow.

“I don’t know if I damaged them or not but even if I know nothing can be done at this point. I will know the full results after few months so it’s pointless to make myself worry now”

The good news is hairs are really resilient and they are in danger of death only in the clinic. Once implanted, patients are extremely cautious and treat their hairs with love. There’s no danger of dislodging them from shampooing 9 days later. 

Forget you had a HT for 3 months, you’re in for a rough ride. It is going to get worse before it gets better

• Like 2