Dr Yaman or Dr Gur - NEED HELP!

Hello, 

Norwood IV with a receded hairline and a good size bald crown. 

I think I’ve  narrowed it to the two below 

Dr Resul Yaman - proposes 4,500 grafts over one day, motorized extraction.  He says he will cover my crown.  Their communication has been great. cost 3,500

Dr Gur - proposes 3000-3200 grafts manual extraction.  Says he will not implant the back half of crown and I will need to return for that.  Their communication has been great.  Cost 3,000

Any differences on doctor quality? What do you all think is my best option?  Should I go with 4,500 grafts with Yaman and hope I’ll get more coverage, or stay more conservative with 3,000 grafts from Gur but know I’ll most likely have to return?  (Please Don’t tell me to go to pekiner or Bicer ect they are out of my budget) 

thanks! 

0977F719-7E1C-427B-8414-ABD7B5B3CE82.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Being conservative would be a good imo...see if we have a budget for top tier surgeons like zarev and pittela who are good in handling high nw cases than its fine to do a mega session but when we don't have such resources and want a budget doctor than imho its best to stay safe and be conservative ...so at least you are left with something in your bank(donor) if something goes wrong...am saying this to be safe...thn its your own decision ...you can go with either of them ....both are experienced ..its about your personal choice....i would be somewhat leaning towards dr gur..

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

32 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

Hello, 

Norwood IV with a receded hairline and a good size bald crown. 

I think I’ve  narrowed it to the two below 

Dr Resul Yaman - proposes 4,500 grafts over one day, motorized extraction.  He says he will cover my crown.  Their communication has been great. cost 3,500

Dr Gur - proposes 3000-3200 grafts manual extraction.  Says he will not implant the back half of crown and I will need to return for that.  Their communication has been great.  Cost 3,000

Any differences on doctor quality? What do you all think is my best option?  Should I go with 4,500 grafts with Yaman and hope I’ll get more coverage, or stay more conservative with 3,000 grafts from Gur but know I’ll most likely have to return?  (Please Don’t tell me to go to pekiner or Bicer ect they are out of my budget) 

thanks! 

0977F719-7E1C-427B-8414-ABD7B5B3CE82.jpeg

Both Dr Yaman and Dr Gur are great and ethical doctors. With both doctors you are going to have a nice result...So it depends on you which doctor's design you like most...How is your hairline? Can you share some pics of your hairline?

Also you could consider dr Turan and Dr Demirsoy at the same price with Dr yaman and Dr Gur...

• Valued Contributor
10 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

Thanks! Where are Zarev  and pittella located 

One in Bulgaria and the other one in brazil...but you mentioned that you are on budget....they would charge 4 times more than dr yaman and gur...so if you don't have budget issues thn you cn go with them...

If In budget than you got few good options dr yaman , dr gur , dr turan , dr demisroy, dr christina (hdc) , dr kongkiat laorwong (i did mine with him few days back )

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 5/13/2023 at 9:35 AM, BaldGuy said:

Both Dr Yaman and Dr Gur are great and ethical doctors. With both doctors you are going to have a nice result...So it depends on you which doctor's design you like most...How is your hairline? Can you share some pics of your hairline?

Also you could consider dr Turan and Dr Demirsoy at the same price with Dr yaman and Dr Gur...

here is my hairline.  Dr turan is a two day surgery and was $1600 more than Gur and Yaman.  Turan proposed 3500-4000 grafts. And he was not willing to do my back half of crown 

Edited by BearsFan88

Between the two i would pick dr gur. 

There are options of vip package from gur or the standard package from turan also which i would have picked. But if you dont have budget then gur's standard package is also good. (which i think they have offered you)

3 hours ago, BaldGuy said:

Also you could consider dr Turan and Dr Demirsoy at the same price with Dr yaman and Dr Gur..

9 minutes ago, duckling said:

Between the two i would pick dr gur. 

There are options of vip package from gur or the standard package from turan also which i would have picked. But if you dont have budget then gur's standard package is also good. (which i think they have offered you)

Thanks - Why would you choose Gur ? What do you base your opinion on? 

2 hours ago, BearsFan88 said:

19A6C882-F43D-426E-8A31-DE579EB9B760.jpeg.3c903e41a5cab23554ffc870dbb632da.jpeghere is my hairline.  Dr turan is a two day surgery and was $1600 more than Gur and Yaman.  Turan proposed 3500-4000 grafts. And he was not willing to do my back half of crown 

If you want to do hairline and crown, then you need 4000-4500 grafts like Dr Yaman proposed you. If you go with dr gur, with 3000-3200 grafts you should do only the hairline..Because if you want to both hairline and crown, you need over 4000 grafts for a good density...So between these two plans i would select Dr Yaman, as he suggested you the appropriate number for your case.

47 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

I would choose gur due to manual extraction instead of the motorized one by yaman. Also yaman does huge grafts in a single day when using motorized method, lot of risk for donor shock hair loss and also recipient shock hair loss or lower graft survival. 

Sure lot of coverage can come in single seating but once those grafts are used and there is shock loss or lower graft yield then no way you can get them back. There is a chance that all goes well too but its risky.

If you go with yaman's manual extraction which extends to 2 days i think then i would say you can pick any out of the two.

44 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

Thank you BaldGuy.  

would you be concerned of 4,500 grafts overharvesting or completely depleting donor area ect ? 

no, there's no fear for that..Think that Dr Pittella extracts over 6000 grafts in one day...there is a recent case of dr pittella with extracting around 12000 grafts in just two days.
Dr yaman know what he is doing and the extractor is very experienced. You could also select manual extraction with dr yaman..You can ask it from the doctor if you want to do it this way and it would be a two day surgery.

BaldGuy - how many available grafts does average donor have ? I’m a bit concerned of 5000 grafts over two days and having crappy result and then having my donor area used up 

yaman did offer me two days manual extraction for up to 5500 grafts.  I thought that was a lot for a Norwood 4 but I’m not an expert 

20 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

BaldGuy - how many available grafts does average donor have ? I’m a bit concerned of 5000 grafts over two days and having crappy result and then having my donor area used up 

yaman did offer me two days manual extraction for up to 5500 grafts.  I thought that was a lot for a Norwood 4 but I’m not an expert 

it depends on the candidate. As i said you before...look at dr pittella cases where he extracts 10.000-12.000 grafts in 2 days and he gives great result...Dr yaman extracts the half of this..

there's no any reason to worry...but if you want you can seperate the procedure and tell dr yaman to do the front part now with 3000-3200 grafts and then do the crown next year. It depends on what you want and you could ask the doctor to seperate the procedure in two procedure with 1 year gap between them.

Between the two, if your looking to maximize the amount of hair on your head in your lifetime I would pick Dr Gur. Otherwise If I were you, I would save up a bit more money to go someone that fits your case a bit more

53 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

how many available grafts does average donor have

The average donor is probably around 6.5k-8k. Retrograde Alopecia which is quite common can knock this number down to about 5.5k-6.5k.

56 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

NW4 Realistically is a lot of balding, so 5500 sounds rather reasonable given the extent of your crown loss. 

Before you actually go for a transplant, are you on medication? I think given the area that your hair loss is that its not unrealistic to think you can one day end up a NW5 or even NW6. You want to preserve your hair because truth be told while you have alot of balding, you still have a lot more to lose and you are in the range where a big recovery is reasonable and attainable and you don't want to lose that.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

MISTER25 - who in your opinion would fit my case a bit more ?

would turan at 3500-4000 grafts estimation over 2 days be better? Only thing is turan also said he would not completely cover my crown.  See attached photo 

8EFFEDAA-839D-4D46-A27F-7296E8A6D2B9.jpeg

20 minutes ago, BearsFan88 said:

MISTER25 - who in your opinion would fit my case a bit more ?

would turan at 3500-4000 grafts estimation over 2 days be better? Only thing is turan also said he would not completely cover my crown.  See attached photo 

8EFFEDAA-839D-4D46-A27F-7296E8A6D2B9.jpeg

Ideally you want a surgeon who does a lot of NW4 patients and will plan for your future. Ferreira, Pinto, Bisanga, H&W, Konior, Couto and Nader are the names that come to mind when I think "who would be the ideal person for your case"

I will say that your crown is quite big for a NW4, looks like its about a NW6 crown with a NW4 midscalp/front. I also think due to how big your crown is you should expect a two surgery plan. Dr Gur's 3000-3200 and Dr Turans 3000-4000 plan to me both sound like reasonable plans for your first surgery and then they will fill in the rest on the second surgery. You should ask them about how much the back of your crown would need and how many grafts to expect for a second surgery.

• Thanks 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

With 4000 grafts you cant cover fully both crown and hairline. I think for better coverage you need at least about 4500 grafrs. 2500 for the front part and 2000 grafts for the crown. If i was you i would select Dr yaman, as he has very good results similar to yours and his plan will give you a better coverage. 

Dr Turan corectly said to you that will 4000 grafts you cant get good coverage for hairline and complete crown...

with 3200 grafts of Dr Gur you can cover the front part and a part of crown and get another procedure next year to cover the rest of crown.

I had the same question as you, I chose Dr. Gur, I chose the VIP package, this is due to the fact that Dr. Gur will do everything personally, he is responsible for everything, it’s also a big plus that Dr. Gur takes 1-2 patients a day, so I had a consultation in Yamato and Gur, I liked the approach of Dr. Gur more, my operation is scheduled for November